Teamsters are the enemy

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I think I mentioned long ago I'd love to have you as my center manager. You'd be eaten alive in short time.
When I go back to work next week I'll be sure to have your ignorant self in mind as I slowly tra-la-la my happy ass thru the neighborhood laughing to myself walking far down the block to deliver a resi, because I had to park the truck safely, securely, AND LAWFULLY.....causing many 150-200 step walk offs each way.
And ya ya, enforce and discipline nonsense talk as the norm.......save it! Why have I had so many rides for so many years because I run so far over every day and more than likely have such poor methods. Have been told I'm a target for what seems to be 20 years I bet, yet am still here doing my thing.

You'd be my manager coming in with an edge looking to be the one to get me, and be like all the rest of the puppets walking away shamefully in a year or so with your tail between your legs......which is better then nothing, because you don't have anything there.
no u

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
34F88A93-271A-4DA2-99D2-E1B010D4FFC2.gif
i know what you mean and words i live by.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
btw IE is currently working on the next iteration of On Time Network

this will involve giving drivers the optimum dispatch to have them back in time to face the most traffic on their drive home
How’s that On Time thing working out. On Friday we sat 13 cans of air that went out the following day. Wasn’t this rolling out in May? Nice work!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Treat them as such.
Enforce the methods and discipline everything.
Build your MIP stock and get ready to harass!

Go Management!
I just had a performance ride. I increased an 1 hour over. 2.61 punch to punch. I have MIP too. But mine is “Meet me In the Parking lot”.

Zowert

Am I the only one with relatively cool supervisors and management? There are a couple D-bags at my center but for the most part the rest are easy to get along with. My manager once told a lady to just "deal with it" when she called in to complain because I was blocking her driveway for 90 seconds.

I get the divide between us and management. They're sitting in an air conditioned office all day while we're out trying to run routes that they often make impossible to complete in a time frame that they expect. But I have never worked for a company that didn't push their workers hard.

Anyway.. I'll never understand why someone would leave union wages and pension behind to go into a salaried management job. Is there something I'm missing, does UPS offer managers a better pension..? Unless they put in 30 years then cross over, that I can understand. But here we have people who drove package for 4 years then moved into a non-union supervisor role. WHY?!!?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Zowert there are numerous reasons.

1. Home with the family at a predictable time.
2. Pay is higher.
3. Bonus is much higher. If you do not touch the MIP and DRIP it you should retire with close to or over 7 figures, just don't get fired!
4. I'll get flame to hell and back for this one but management is a much higher stressed job. So if you can handle or even thrive in stress....
5. Some bodies just can not take the pounding that Package dishes out everyday. Think old college sports injuries.
6. Some just don't enjoy physically working outdoors.
7. Some feel they contribute more to the company by managing instead of doing. (OOOO that should piss some readers off!):teethy:
8. Some absolutely hate dealing with customers all day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Zowert there are numerous reasons.

1. Home with the family at a predictable time.
2. Pay is higher.
3. Bonus is much higher. If you do not touch the MIP and DRIP it you should retire with close to or over 7 figures, just don't get fired!
4. I'll get flame to hell and back for this one but management is a much higher stressed job. So if you can handle or even thrive in stress....
5. Some bodies just can not take the pounding that Package dishes out everyday. Think old college sports injuries.
6. Some just don't enjoy physically working outdoors.
7. Some feel they contribute more to the company by managing instead of doing. (OOOO that should piss some readers off!):teethy:
8. Some absolutely hate dealing with customers all day.
excellent points