Teamsters bosses resist calls to reopen UPS contract after 'no' vote

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Jazz with a rock rhythm section. Big band dance sets for the old folks (National Podiatrists, JCs, etc meetings/conventions).
I was actually a Judas Priest, Montrose, UFO, Scorpions metal head back then but played music that the folks with money wanted.
Sometimes you gotta conform to the need. Lol

We played some big venues but brother drunks in tuxedos are the same as drunks in jeans.

Got a lot of stories (and pics). Glad I survived. Sometimes success can kill you. Lol
I went opposite lol. Started with a jazz band and traded it all to try to be a rock star. Went from a 4 piece sonar setup to a 8 piece DW. Toured from Maine to Florida. Loved it at the time.

F

Frankie's Friend

Used to be a percussionist, now I just say drummer. What about yourself?
Keyboards, percussionist, horns.
Wish I'd taken up guitar when I was a kid starting out but I had enough on my plate back then.
Music in general was my stress relief and I still enjoy it today.
Back then most of the band could compose and some could transpose. There was a lot of talent amongst that group because many were music majors and had parents wealthy enough to put them through private lessons from grammar school up. They were from all over the US. Great people as well.
But I don't miss being in a different city every week. I got off the road and got married a year later. Few make it thru prosperity in the music industry. Our agent in Vegas was pretty hardcore and wherever we went, if we called him and let him know ahead of time, we got into shows at no charge and everything we wanted was free. Scary stuff looking back. I have pics of our band's name on the Alladin Hotel marquis.
Back to the thread...if you played Vegas you knew who rant it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea that the mafia ruined our pensions is the BIG LIE. Our pensions were ruined by wall street via government oversight. My pension got crushed in 2008 because Goldman Sacks sold us and everyone else a bunch of crappy CDO's that collapsed in the housing crash. Wall Street under federal oversight did FAR more damage than the mob ever did. I'm not saying that IBT was the best financial planners in the world, But hey, at least Vegas was real estate investing, still there making money.
You are not thinking straight my friend to think that if money is taken out and not replaced or payed back with the same amount or more that it’s ok. Also worse it is a mistake to think that the Mafia wasn’t in on it. People have been convicted because of it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Keyboards, percussionist, horns.
Wish I'd taken up guitar when I was a kid starting out but I had enough on my plate back then.
Music in general was my stress relief and I still enjoy it today.
Back then most of the band could compose and some could transpose. There was a lot of talent amongst that group because many were music majors and had parents wealthy enough to put them through private lessons from grammar school up. They were from all over the US. Great people as well.
But I don't miss being in a different city every week. I got off the road and got married a year later. Few make it thru prosperity in the music industry. Our agent in Vegas was pretty hardcore and wherever we went, if we called him and let him know ahead of time, we got into shows at no charge and everything we wanted was free. Scary stuff looking back. I have pics of our band's name on the Alladin Hotel marquis.
Back to the thread...if you played Vegas you knew who rant it.
Dude that is awesome. What an experience though. Would you be able to share your band name? Or PM it?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
True or not, you Sir are an ass for even saying it.

Do you say such things to the faces of those you represent?

That is completely reprehensible behavior on your part. You, sir, do not represent MY union.

"You might not like what I say.... but, I always tell the truth."

-Bug-

@a911scanner

I am pretty well read, and have a good command of the English language.

Even I.... had to look that up to see if it was used in the proper context.

After all, we are working in the trucking industry.

govols019

You smell that?
You are not thinking straight my friend to think that if money is taken out and not replaced or payed back with the same amount or more that it’s ok. Also worse it is a mistake to think that the Mafia wasn’t in on it. People have been convicted because of it.

You might have seen too many movies. Wall Street and the government were the worst thing to ever happen to Central States.

You might have seen too many movies. Wall Street and the government were the worst thing to ever happen to Central States.
Lol. A lot of those movies are true story’s... No wait! Jimmy Sr is still alive... He is sipping on a glass of scotch on his porch in the islands with Evlis and 2pac. Come on. Most of it is true... Alittle spicy in the movies but most of it is based on true events... Also everyone is corrupted... Corporate and union alike. It has been human nature sense the romans

International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Lol. A lot of those movies are true story’s... No wait! Jimmy Sr is still alive... He is sipping on a glass of on his porch in the islands with Evlis and 2pac. Come on. Most of it is true... Alittle spicy in the movies but most of it is based on true events...

International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

RealPerson

UPS Freight has only worked under 2 contracts.... and on their 3rd one

they have managed vote it down with a majority vote.

Don't care about freight. BUT
Was both sides the company and the Union blasting them with vote yes?
How many members are under one year?
I bet if you looked at the % of people with real seniority that voted, it is a Huge %

We pay the Union to represent US, not themselves...
Again why invoke the 2/3 rule now???? Something Fishy

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't care about freight.

Ask @hellfire.... my previous opinion on that subject.

I bet if you looked at the % of people with real seniority that voted, it is a Huge %

What's "real" seniority ?

We pay the Union to represent US, not themselves.

They did.

Because, members are to lazy to vote.... the IBT is to blame ?

Ask TDU.

They were instrumental in having it "inserted" into the IBT constitution.

Like I previously stated;

The power was in the hands of the members by voting.

But, they had butter fingers.... and dropped the ball.

Don't cry about it now.

-Bug-

csonicdog

Don't care about freight.

Ask @hellfire.... my previous opinion on that subject.

What's "real" seniority ?

We pay the Union to represent US, not themselves.

They did.

Because, members are to lazy to vote.... the IBT is to blame ?

Ask TDU.

They were instrumental in having it "inserted" into the IBT constitution.

Like I previously stated;

The power was in the hands of the members by voting.

But, they had butter fingers.... and dropped the ball.

Don't cry about it now.

-Bug-

I’m on disability and I never got a ballot. I’m sure that I’m not the only one that didn’t get a ballot to vote.