Teamsters endorsement NJ Senate race?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone know if the Teamsters have endorsed a candidate for the special US Senate race? With Hoffa recently denouncing Obamacare, you might think they may surprise everyone and support the GOP candidate Steve Lonegan? No way, Cory Booker would ever vote to undo any government program!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
IBT probably isn't directly involved.. although the only way to really tell is to check the DRIVE receipts/contributions for 2013, which are available online. I'm sure the Central Labor Councils that the Teamster locals in NJ participate in have endorsed a candidate, however.

iruhnman630

I highly doubt the union would support a NJ pub, despite the concerns about ObamaCare.

(btw-I know nothing about the NJ candidates other than it doesn't really matter, Booker is a dominate favorite in the polls, so it doesn't really matter.)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I highly doubt the union would support a NJ pub, despite the concerns about ObamaCare.

(btw-I know nothing about the NJ candidates other than it doesn't really matter, Booker is a dominate favorite in the polls, so it doesn't really matter.)

You'd be surprised. While my local city council races are non-partisan, our CLC endorsed a Republican for mayor because he's a solid moderate and fairly labor friendly.

preload1

IBT probably isn't directly involved.. although the only way to really tell is to check the DRIVE receipts/contributions for 2013, which are available online. I'm sure the Central Labor Councils that the Teamster locals in NJ participate in have endorsed a candidate, however.
Yeah. They probably endorsed booker considering how well obama is working out for America.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
For sure, Booker will vote far left each and every time, killing some Union jobs in the process. If we are really serious about the threat of Obamacare, you would think they would move to help change the Senate.