Teamsters local meeting erupts in anger as union official calls UPS workers’ wages “subjective"

SoCalUPS

Great article that I just stumbled across. If it was posted before, I apologize.

Teamsters local meeting erupts in anger as union official calls UPS workers’ poverty wages “subjective”

Some highlights:

Hailing the supposed generosity of UPS management, Marshall claimed UPS would spend half its $6 billion in profits on wages and benefits under the proposed contract. In a “perfect world,” workers would get it all, he declared, but “when I was a kid, I also wanted a pony.” When workers raised concerns about workplace grievances, Marshall told them to file a complaint—to which the workers replied that they had, but it “went nowhere.”

Marshall said references to “poverty wages for part-timers”—who make up 70 percent of UPS’ workforce and are paid as little as $10 per hour—were “subjective.” He added that claims that “the 9.5 system is broken are subjective too, because it’s always gonna be broken.”.....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Marshall said references to “poverty wages for part-timers”—who make up 70 percent of UPS’ workforce and are paid as little as $10 per hour—were “subjective.” He added that claims that “the 9.5 system is broken are subjective too, because it’s always gonna be broken.”.....
Only if we accept that

542thruNthru

Great article that I just stumbled across. If it was posted before, I apologize.

Teamsters local meeting erupts in anger as union official calls UPS workers’ poverty wages “subjective”

Some highlights:

Hailing the supposed generosity of UPS management, Marshall claimed UPS would spend half its $6 billion in profits on wages and benefits under the proposed contract. In a “perfect world,” workers would get it all, he declared, but “when I was a kid, I also wanted a pony.” When workers raised concerns about workplace grievances, Marshall told them to file a complaint—to which the workers replied that they had, but it “went nowhere.”

Local 542! Hey I know that place! :)

BrownRecycler

I was a kid too in some point but was smart enough to know that pony is too expensive, too much work, and have better chance of getting something else.

rickyb

Some highlights:

the "subjective" part was bull :censored2: