Teamsters union keeps 240,000 UPS workers on the job as contract expires

How will you vote on the contract?

• Total voters

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
40 bucks an hour and 22.4’s going around taking work off you?

wGgCAGZ.gif
Only way they will be taking stops off you is if you run out of hours after working 70. Except monday when your laid off. So get ready for that Tues to Sun schedule.

cachmeifucan

Do we all agree that inflation is 2 %. So say you make 30.64 ÷100 =.30c So 1 percent is 30 cents so 2 percent would be .61 cents. So technically I'm getting a .09 cent raise because I was told it's .70 the first year and they will be taking all my over time away vote no way cost of living is to high business is booming wages should go up not stagnant.

dudebro

Welcome to capitalism.
I don't think it's capitalism. The housing in CA is expensive because we let oppressive laws limit housing there, meaning the artificial scarcity creates bidding wars that only the rich will win. The FREE market would have built plenty more houses in CA, and the overall prices would be lower.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't think it's capitalism. The housing in CA is expensive because we let oppressive laws limit housing there, meaning the artificial scarcity creates bidding wars that only the rich will win. The FREE market would have built plenty more houses in CA, and the overall prices would be lower.
basic economics

cachmeifucan

So has new information come out does national have anything on paper to vote on. What about this meeting ups is having tomorrow. I'd sure like to see something soon. I highly doubt they risk a vote before December.

cachmeifucan

It worked last time for them.so of course they have nothing to loose they just sit back and collect interest on 8 million a week in raises they hold. Somebody has to know the average paid on that kind of money. We need to find out where our raise money is exactly

Time for change

It worked last time for them.so of course they have nothing to loose they just sit back and collect interest on 8 million a week in raises they hold. Somebody has to know the average paid on that kind of money. We need to find out where our raise money is exactly

Yup sad part is kids think retro check is awesome, but if they only knew the company is making money off this, not us.

cornfed

Give me a *** damned break.
I'm supposed to be thankful for health insurance? As far as I'm concerned they owe us health insurance considering that all of us WILL get injured doing the :censored2: that they ask us to do every day.

On the preload/sort? If you get hurt, you’re doing it wrong.

Driving? Yes, I’m with ya.

Also, workers comp.

cornfed

In the Red states - yes, definiitely

In the Blue states - probably is pretty close to poverty level.

However, it's silly to be talking about a part-time job and poverty level.
It's part time.
If you ran the numbers for a 9 hour day you come up with $35000 per year.

Is that poverty level?

You answered your question, then asked it. It’s moot. The part time part matters. 9 hours/day wouldn’t be part time.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You answered your question, then asked it. It’s moot. The part time part matters. 9 hours/day wouldn’t be part time.
I think we slipped right by each other.
To summarize my thoughts,
A person that only works a job for 3-5 hrs a day has no right to complain they are below the poverty line.

Smashmouth

40 bucks an hour and 22.4’s going around taking work off you?

wGgCAGZ.gif

No one ever has a problem with anything until it negatively effects them....we are all supposed to have each other's backs, not just give a rats ass about ourselves. When they cut the teachers pensions, the fire fighters and police didnt put up a fight, when they cut the firefighters pension, hey the police didnt care, it wasn't them, when they cut the police pension, there was nobody left! My point being, if you don't stick up for your brothers and sisters rights, soon enough they will taking your rights away and there will be no one left.