Technical Difficulties

C

cheryl

Technical Difficulties today...

Had to restore the board from this morning's back up which means that the last dozen or so posts made this morning were lost. I know this will be frustrating to those of your that took the time to post on the board this morning and I want you to know that I am truly sorry.

This board is now fully functional and ready to go but is missing some of the smilies and other extras that were installed before the database problem. Instead of spending a couple of hours reloading all the smilies and reconfiguring the features lost from this board I'm going to spend that time moving forward with the planned board upgrade.

The new board will be a major technical upgrade from this one and will provide several new features including the two most often requested functions: spell check and polls.

Once again I'm very sorry for all the inconvenience today. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, complaints or comments you can post them here or email me at [email protected]

T

trickpony1

Cheryl,
I think you are doing an excellnt job going above and beyond reasonable expectations on this board.
It must be a full time job in itself.

O

ok2bclever

Cheryl,

The board doesn't seem to be working using a Firefox browser interface as I get the 404 message with that.

W

wkmac

<font color="ff0000">The new board will be a major technical upgrade from this one and will provide several new features including the two most often requested functions: spell check...... </font>

Ah man, it was always so much fun to either see the humorous way other people mis-spelled some words or me scrambling all over the house looking for a dictionary to keep from looking like one of those people. LOL! Yeah, there were times I never found it either! Big LOL!

Thanks for all the effort Cheryl. In many quarters of UPS the name Cheryl and Browncafe has become almost iconic!

T

traveler

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Now wat am I giong to do wit mi dictionary?</font></font>

biggrin.gif

That was a rhetorical question... please no suggestions!

blush.gif

(Message edited by traveler on October 23, 2005)

M

moreluck

My obsessive compulsive behavior forces me to seek out mis-spellings. Now I'll be looking for the corner in a round room.
uhoh.gif

C

cheryl

The board will be in maintenance mode for about an hour so that no posts are lost while I convert board data in preparation for the upgrade. Thank you for your patience!