Telematics and peak

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
just wondering about those that have telematics, and how its working out during peak

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
As for our local, it is not recognized for any discipline purposes, as it is way to unreliable, If it is used as was intended, as an automotive aid, it should be fantastic. However, as we all expected when it was imlemented, It is simply a high priced spy tool.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As I predicted, the various trivial Telematics "infractions" are being conveniently overlooked/ignored during peak. There is enough actual work to do that the various management people no longer need to justify their jobs by monitoring and obsessing over irrelevant statistics. I'm sure that will change as soon as peak is over.

bumped

I'm still getting virtual OJS during peak. The sup comes out to talk to me about it wasting my daylight. Why did you back here, why here, why did you back here when there was zero outgoing packages. I said HUH, How in the blue hell am I suppose to know the pickup has no out going packages until I get there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As I predicted, the various trivial Telematics "infractions" are being conveniently overlooked/ignored during peak.

All that info is stored Sober. Wait until that first week of the year.

It'll start out something like this, "Sober, got a minute? I'd like to review your backing trends and idling trends over the last month."

UPSGUY72

I'm sure we al know that telematics is for safety and insurance reasons that being said during the peak season telematics is not very convenient for ups. Your supervisors have enough trouble making sure that all the packages are going to get deliver and that all the pickups are covered.

I mean how can you give a driver a hard time about telematics when your asking him to deliver twice as many stops a usually while babysitter his helper in below freezing weather on ice roads when daylight is at a premium.

UPSGUY72

It'll start out something like this, "Sober, got a minute? I'd like to review your backing trends and idling trends over the last month."

We were told that it's ok to idle while we are on lunch as long as we don't idle the whole hour.

Raw

Raw Member

They only have 10 days from day of infraction to do anything about it....

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I have been told the company is backing off the telematics crusade because in areas where it is being implemented driver's times have increased.

pretzel_man

I have been told the company is backing off the telematics crusade because in areas where it is being implemented driver's times have increased.

Someone gave you bad information....

Telematics has been approved for continued deployment next year.

Telematics sites have significantly better performance improvements compared to non-telematics sites.

P-Man

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They only have 10 days from day of infraction to do anything about it....

But unless they personally witnessed the "infraction", the 10 day limit means nothing; the Telematics data by itself cannot be used for disciplinary purposes.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Someone gave you bad information....

Telematics has been approved for continued deployment next year.

Telematics sites have significantly better performance improvements compared to non-telematics sites.

P-Man
hardy har har,, i would expect that from you.. i am living the peak plan you and your corporate brain surgeons implemented ...let me tell you this, mister out of touch ,,and part of the mentality that is making customers leave us, in 27 yrs ive never seen such a lack of respect towards operations, customers, and the backbone of the company ,, the drivers. This peak plan forces everyone that matters to work sloppy.

pretzel_man

But unless they personally witnessed the "infraction", the 10 day limit means nothing; the Telematics data by itself cannot be used for disciplinary purposes.

I haven't looked in quite a while, but I thought the wording was it couldn't be used for a first infraction?

BTW, I also thought it said that it could be used for a first infraction in the case of dishonesty?

I certainly could be wrong...

P-Man