Telematics-day one

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing new. There exist a hundred such reports that our sups are responsible for everyday.

It's funny when a customer shows up at 10AM to find the customer counter closed and they curse UPS and nobody in the center even cares. They got a report that their boss wants to grill them about and that's more important to them.

(seriously a few weeks ago a customer came before the CC opened and they were outside yelling UPS SUCKS!!!! because they were so pissed. I happened to be there for some odd reason)

Our customers have learned to simply go to the employee entrance, push the buzzer, and the OMS will take care of them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our customers have learned to simply go to the employee entrance, push the buzzer, and the OMS will take care of them.

We don't have an employee entrance, guard, private bathrooms or a place on the main floor to simply wash your hands after work. Upstairs is our lockers/bathroom/public restrooms. Not a full upstairs mind you, just 3 rooms.

Ms.PacMan

pretty sad, ups is spending all of their money and resources on buckling a seatbelt that 100 percent of drivers are using 99% of the time. Meanwhile, fedex is out at our customers giving them better pricing and service and taking volume that was on our cars. Isnt this disturbing to others out there. Fedex has snuck up on ups once, now they are going to try to take over the #1 spot, and all management cares about is getting 0 blips on a report.

FedEx around here have bulkhead doors that close automatically.

My bulkhead lock quit working (wouldn't turn with the key) on my second pick-up today and I finished p/u's and 15 resis with the door open. If your center manager is a zero blip kind of guy he would be writhing in pain on the floor trying to decide between perfect telematics or using the back door 100% to finish your route.

Then it occurred to me that it may well be mgmt that will teach us how to circumvent telematics. How are they going to deal with the anomalies?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
FedEx around here have bulkhead doors that close automatically.

My bulkhead lock quit working (wouldn't turn with the key) on my second pick-up today and I finished p/u's and 15 resis with the door open. If your center manager is a zero blip kind of guy he would be writhing in pain on the floor trying to decide between perfect telematics or using the back door 100% to finish your route.

Then it occurred to me that it may well be mgmt that will teach us how to circumvent telematics. How are they going to deal with the anomalies?

Very true. When my bulkhead breaks, I call supe and he says leave it open. My seatbelt wouldn't unlock once, had to cut it off and drive around without it all day. Felt very weird driving that way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Very true. When my bulkhead breaks, I call supe and he says leave it open. My seatbelt wouldn't unlock once, had to cut it off and drive around without it all day. Felt very weird driving that way.

If my seatbelt ever breaks, I am going to sit there on the clock for $28 an hour until they bring me a new truck. No way in hell would I ever risk my life just to make service on a few packages.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If my seatbelt ever breaks, I am going to sit there on the clock for $28 an hour until they bring me a new truck. No way in hell would I ever risk my life just to make service on a few packages.

Can I get an Amen?

No way do I drive without my belt.

If you drive with only a lap belt between you and oblivion, you already do, (or may as well be driving without a seatbelt.). In hindsight, you are right, I should have waited.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you drive with only a lap belt between you and oblivion, you already do, (or may as well be driving without a seatbelt.). In hindsight, you are right, I should have waited.

SAFE BY CHOICE.....
(Unless that "choice" involves equipping your vehicles with a 3-point belt)

helenofcalifornia

Hey Mecanic, I drive one of the new Workhorses. And do I love that truck!! If I had that truck years ago, I wouldn't have all these aches and pains. It's the new 1000 cube. The bulkhead door comes off it's track at least 2-3 times a week. If it's early in the day and a lot of bulk is in it, I will kick it or push it back on track. And sometimes that is not easy. And to be honest with you, if it's late in the day and I am in rezzies and the door jams (to where I can get in and out), that door stays jammed until I get back to the building.

Great truck, wish you all had them. The 7 cubes suck with their poorly made Chinese brake rotors. If you ever have the choice in new trucks, take the 10 over the 7.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
:happy2:Well I've got to say you are the first to say U love the workhorse!! For us mechanics they are nothing but trouble, double trouble and triple trouble, unless its a gas motor big block gm with duel exhaust, then they are the envy of all drivers. well to get the door back in track is not hard, actually to do anything to these wonderful trucks you'll just have to remember the name WORK- HORSE, just stand with your back facing the bulkhead and brace your arms on the dash and just give the bulkhead a HORSE kick right in the middle of the door down at the bottom. This is how I do it to all the trucks over here.
Sorry if my avatar seems vicious, but he's really quite tamed and just smokes and blinks (LOL):happy-very:
Hope this helps out a little Helen