Tell It Like It Is

vantexan

you said hes the last place to find some truth

i would not go to him looking for truth, although there is SOME truth
Did I say that? He's had some mindless entertainment. And he has an interesting podcast. He chats with interesting people. Why are you so negative about Joe Rogan?

rickyb

Most people are living their lives, not concerned with pie in the sky ideas.
most people are under control and they dont know it. their energy is being leeched off of.

Agent Smith: Have you ever stood and stared at it... marveled at its beauty? Billions of people, just living out their lives... oblivious.

mark baum:... and everyones walking around like theyre in a gosh darn enya video

vantexan

most people are under control and they dont know it. their energy is being leeched off of.

Agent Smith: Have you ever stood and stared at it... marveled at its beauty? Billions of people, just living out their lives... oblivious.

mark baum:... and everyones walking around like theyre in a gosh darn enya video
Who cares? You seem to think there's some magic world where everything is wonderful and everybody will be happy and content all the time if they would only do things your way. Humans have been fighting and striving forever. We want our little cocooned lives where we can focus on what matters to us and not be out fighting strangers. Life is too short to rage against everything we can't control or to waste our times trying to get control. You've been on this forum awhile. Has anything gone the way you want? Do you see some mass movement anywhere, and I mean mass, that'll completely change how things are done forever? And I realize I'm spitting in the wind here because nothing ever sinks in with you. The days of convincing a whole nation to commit to a completely different paradigm like Lenin did in Russia are essentially over. You know why? Because people can see instant news 24/7 on their TVs and computers. They can discuss in the comfort of their homes all these ideas and decide what works. No going out in the street and screaming. If a movement like Antifa springs up we can see in real time them beating on people and reject that. If some militia nut blows up a building and kills a bunch of people we can see in real time the aftermath and decide that's horrible and not what I want my life to be about. Pretty much at this point it's very small groups of fanatics, extremists, and ideologues who meet in a home to discuss how they can change the world. In secret, in private, with little or no traction or influence. You constantly tell us people are being controlled and don't even realize it. What people see and accept is the path of least resistance, the least amount of trouble in their lives. For most what you're selling doesn't even register with them because they don't want it to. You'll have a better life when you stop indulging in fantasies that will never happen and try to find some meaning in the simple things that are available to everyone. A good book, good food, a nice sunset, a loving dog, relatives and friends who like spending time with you. Life is too short to do otherwise.

rickyb

Who cares? You seem to think there's some magic world where everything is wonderful and everybody will be happy and content all the time if they would only do things your way. Humans have been fighting and striving forever. We want our little cocooned lives where we can focus on what matters to us and not be out fighting strangers. Life is too short to rage against everything we can't control or to waste our times trying to get control. You've been on this forum awhile. Has anything gone the way you want? Do you see some mass movement anywhere, and I mean mass, that'll completely change how things are done forever? And I realize I'm spitting in the wind here because nothing ever sinks in with you. The days of convincing a whole nation to commit to a completely different paradigm like Lenin did in Russia are essentially over. You know why? Because people can see instant news 24/7 on their TVs and computers. They can discuss in the comfort of their homes all these ideas and decide what works. No going out in the street and screaming. If a movement like Antifa springs up we can see in real time them beating on people and reject that. If some militia nut blows up a building and kills a bunch of people we can see in real time the aftermath and decide that's horrible and not what I want my life to be about. Pretty much at this point it's very small groups of fanatics, extremists, and ideologues who meet in a home to discuss how they can change the world. In secret, in private, with little or no traction or influence. You constantly tell us people are being controlled and don't even realize it. What people see and accept is the path of least resistance, the least amount of trouble in their lives. For most what you're selling doesn't even register with them because they don't want it to. You'll have a better life when you stop indulging in fantasies that will never happen and try to find some meaning in the simple things that are available to everyone. A good book, good food, a nice sunset, a loving dog, relatives and friends who like spending time with you. Life is too short to do otherwise.
yea i do see a mass movement. workers are unionizing in america.

ive changed ive donated more, and i have more bumper stickers than ever, and i do youtube videos.

alternatives to capitalism will only grow in popularity because capitalism is a sinking ship at this point.

no people dont accept the least amount of trouble because the ones who vote, vote for corrupt candidates and work :censored2:ty jobs

the most meaningful thing ive ever done is donate 5000 at once.

when you talk about books, food, and sunsets, you are talking about people entertaining themselves to death and being spectators instead of participants. snowden did that, and then one day he told the truth and that was more meaningful than all those other things you listed.

vantexan

yea i do see a mass movement. workers are unionizing in america.

ive changed ive donated more, and i have more bumper stickers than ever, and i do youtube videos.

alternatives to capitalism will only grow in popularity because capitalism is a sinking ship at this point.

no people dont accept the least amount of trouble because the ones who vote, vote for corrupt candidates and work :censored2:ty jobs

the most meaningful thing ive ever done is donate 5000 at once.

when you talk about books, food, and sunsets, you are talking about people entertaining themselves to death and being spectators instead of participants. snowden did that, and then one day he told the truth and that was more meaningful than all those other things you listed.
When you're on your deathbed you won't regret all the rallies and protests you didn't attend. But you will regret you missed out on relationships because you focused on things that don't matter.