Temp driving call back order

Joeskyline06

It has always been my understanding that when they start pulling temp drivers back (June 1st) they have to do it in seniority order from high to low? Is that true?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It has always been my understanding that when they start pulling temp drivers back (June 1st) they have to do it in seniority order from high to low? Is that true?

You need to talk to your Steward or call your Local.

People from all over the country, post here.

Regional or Local contract language will apply to your situation.

-Bug-

Joeskyline06

Man getting in touch with my local takes an act if congress, last time I had to call hall and get him to get my locals president to call me if that says anything. Our local is VERY poorly ran.

Joeskyline06

Yeah it was easier to get in touch with him over some pay issues I had about a year and a half ago then it was to get in touch with my local pres

Joeskyline06

Nope, my local pres never even took my issues to panel when it was over $16k in back pay owed to me (was forced to do temp work at helper pay from October 2012-April 2013). I'm having other Harrassment issues in my building now but don't even try to call my local I have to fight them all myself. Right now there issue with me is I work sun on midnight,mon-thurs on twi and mid, Friday on twi then run air on Saturday. So I'm there 7 days a week with average of 48 hrs a week and still am being told I'll be fired for bringing my phone in, when I ask why the 22.3 people can have them I'm told "cause they work 40 hrs a week". Theres a lot more that I'll just save everyone from reading

UPSGUY72

NO

Temp are just that TEMPS / Casuals they are hired to work to cover vacations and help with peak. There is no call back seniority order there might not even be a call back list. You might have had to reapply online or have called the HR person to let them know you wanted to work again.

Also whether they hire you back depends on if the management team liked you, you showed up to work all the time, produced good numbers and didn't get hurt. If you got hurt you will not get rehired by UPS in any capacity.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I doubt with all certainty he ever got hall. He probably got an Ibt rep who called the local and asked them what's going on. It probably ended there. I bet the local is in a right to work state.

"Usually" who returns calls, from the IBT small pkg division....

Is a well known IBT assistant to the division. He came out of DHL.

Smart guy. Good Teamster.

-Bug-

Yes my local is in a right to work state. And chain of command? Once again, my union is VERY poorly ran. What chain if command?
Talk to your steward first. Then talk to your business agent. If you aren't satisfied and you think that you have an actual issue and not something that you just don't WANT to HEAR call the president/secretary treasurer. Then if you legitimately think there is a problem call the international.