temperature of working conditions

rod

Retired 22 years
Either illegal citizens or felons if roofing in single digit temps.

No---actually I knew a couple of the kids. Just hard workers who happen to work for a construction company. The days of building houses and such only when the weather is nice are long gone. It goes on around here year around. The secret is to have enough work lined up so when it gets below zero you have inside work to do. That may involve working in an unheated house under construction but at least you're out of the wind--if the windows have been installed. The only time they wouldn't roof around here is if the roof was covered with snow. Then they would be up there the first chance they get with shovels and brooms to clean it off.

watdaflock?

No---actually I knew a couple of the kids. Just hard workers who happen to work for a construction company. The days of building houses and such only when the weather is nice are long gone. It goes on around here year around. The secret is to have enough work lined up so when it gets below zero you have inside work to do. (That may involve working in an unheated house under construction but at least you're out of the wind).

I'm just being sarcastic. A few friends of mine own construction companies. I'm sure they make more a year than I do but no friggin' way am I sitting on the roof of a house/pole barn/etc in sub zero temps.
Maybe years ago but not anymore.....

As for the "dog house" it's only as bad as the outside temperature and wind.
Guarantee a heck of a lot more packages coming down the rollers in the dog house this peak than last.

oldngray

nowhere special
In winter they generally only work on a roof if they have to. They try to get the shell up first so they can do the inside work in bad weather.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm just being sarcastic. A few friends of mine own construction companies. I'm sure they make more a year than I do but no friggin' way am I sitting on the roof of a house/pole barn/etc in sub zero temps.
Maybe years ago but not anymore.....

As for the "dog house" it's only as bad as the outside temperature and wind.
Guarantee a heck of a lot more packages coming down the rollers in the dog house this peak than last.

I'm with you. I try to avoid any outside work in real cold weather although I do stand on a flag line a few times a month with my Patriot Guard friends. Most of the time that means being outside but every once in awhile the family will insist we stand inside. (We never argue with that invitation).