TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED AT UPS

Trucker Clock

I'm saying that if they don't have enough drivers some of the drivers will still end up being forced in. Union will allow it.

Possibly. And yes, I know UPS is very good at manipulating language.

But the Local does not have the authority to override the Master and violate Section 1b. And, even if they can, it looks like it is only for 60 days until the National Negotiating Committee comes up with a resolution.

I have been wrong before. We shall see. I's like to see what @Thebrownblob can find out at the meetings.

But the Local does not have the authority to override the Master and violate Section 1b. And, even if they can, it looks like it is only for 60 days until the National Negotiating Committee comes up with a resolution.

I have been wrong before. We shall see. I's like to see what @Thebrownblob can find out at the meetings.
I hope it doesn't happen, but would anyone really be surprised?

Thebrownblob

I will definitely be up their ass.

Pee Bottle

Got a Q. Im a mon - fri driver with low enough seniority that im getting moved to tues-sat, which is cool with me, I actually prefer that schedule. However, I like to work two Saturdays a month, and it sounds like the sixth punch is effectively dead. What are my options as far as OT goes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got a Q. Im a mon - fri driver with low enough seniority that im getting moved to tues-sat, which is cool with me, I actually prefer that schedule. However, I like to work two Saturdays a month, and it sounds like the sixth punch is effectively dead. What are my options as far as OT goes?
Uh, if you are being moved to T-S, wouldn’t S become one of your scheduled work days?

Pee Bottle

Depends on what staffing is like on Mondays in your building.
Yeah, ain’t gonna happen. It sounds like they are going to take 30 drivers into Saturday drivers. We are talking with extras like it’s a normal work day. So it sounds like they want the sixth punch gone. So even if I go mon-fri again in a couple years it may be over.

Pullman Brown

Yeah, ain’t gonna happen. It sounds like they are going to take 30 drivers into Saturday drivers. We are talking with extras like it’s a normal work day. So it sounds like they want the sixth punch gone. So even if I go mon-fri again in a couple years it may be over.

Okay then you answered your own question.