TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED AT UPS

Dub Brown Eye

I've got a big problem with the wording.

What's to stop the company from , let's say for arguements' sake , moving 75% or more of the runs to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule and leaving a small percentage for Monday through Fridays ?

Instant reaction from almost everyone on here will most likely be naive and obtuse... they will say something like
" Oh , the company would never do that "

" They would want to even it out "

" It's obviously much better to deliver on mondays more than saturdays because businesses are open , etc. "

... And I'm sure a host of other rebuttals for why the company wouldn't do it will come flying in ;
But the point is : With the way it's currently worded in the contract : UPS can and would be in the right , or able to implement a ridiculous strategy like that , thus upending the vast majority of drivers lives.

Again, why is the contract so vague ? It's my belief that the union leaves these issues vaguely worded to give the company wiggle room to violate the contract whenever they so please. It happens on almost all issues where the company just does as they please because the wording is just vague enough to allow them to obfuscate the contract meaning.

This is just yet one loophole in this adaptation of contract. There are more and frankly , its quite tiring to know the union allows these shenanigans over and over and over again. It's like the union is Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while the company is Lucy pretending to hold it.
You're absolutely right. They using the smoke and mirrors in "historic" raises. But leaving everything else for interpretation. The COMPANY'S interpretation!!! Gained another holiday but cant even respect one we already have had for over 30yrs (black friday). No 9.5 improvments. Vague language on any protection. And have language that still could allow forced over time. Still have pvds. (Sure part timers can do it too.. But only guaranteed 8hrs.) Sorry, our preloaders work almost 8hrs during peak anyway... So.. They guarantee they can work their preload shift and then they got their 8 in for the day and arent entitled to more. Raises are lopsided with balloon rates on front and back. (Look at pension increases if ya wanna see why...) All of this vagueness is where i see problems. Sure throw money at us and hope its blinding. But for those of us that have read through it more than a few times, understand the word twists. And for all the people who think a strike or renegotiation is like the sky is falling... Everyone said the same thing in '97. Guess what.. We still here. (And i was there!) Maybe a bit of renegotiating these vague language changes is all it would take. But until then its a NO VOTE from me and most of my local.

You're absolutely right. They using the smoke and mirrors in "historic" raises. But leaving everything else for interpretation. The COMPANY'S interpretation!!! Gained another holiday but cant even respect one we already have had for over 30yrs (black friday). No 9.5 improvments. Vague language on any protection. And have language that still could allow forced over time. Still have pvds. (Sure part timers can do it too.. But only guaranteed 8hrs.) Sorry, our preloaders work almost 8hrs during peak anyway... So.. They guarantee they can work their preload shift and then they got their 8 in for the day and arent entitled to more. Raises are lopsided with balloon rates on front and back. (Look at pension increases if ya wanna see why...) All of this vagueness is where i see problems. Sure throw money at us and hope its blinding. But for those of us that have read through it more than a few times, understand the word twists. And for all the people who think a strike or renegotiation is like the sky is falling... Everyone said the same thing in '97. Guess what.. We still here. (And i was there!) Maybe a bit of renegotiating these vague language changes is all it would take. But until then its a NO VOTE from me and most of my local.
Shut it down

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
VOTE NO !!!!
🧔‍♂️✊

What'dyabringmetoday???

They thrive on vagueness...

nWo

FB_IMG_1690841177458.jpg

Zowert

Preloaders going to make $31 an hour after 5 hrs. $10 less than a driver 😂

VOTE NO
🧔‍♂️✊
That means I don’t have to give my preloader a $100 Starbucks gift card during each peak season. He can finally afford her own espresso (no typos there, I’m not sure if it’s a guy or girl or whatever he/she/+ identify as).

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
That means I don’t have to give my preloader a $100 Starbucks gift card during each peak season. He can finally afford her own espresso (no typos there, I’m not sure if it’s a guy or girl or whatever he/she/+ identify as).
They’ll be making major changes on preload no one will be hitting OT
🧔‍♂️✊