TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED AT UPS

Doubleparkedrunner

Me too.

But UPS left themselves an out to get the Saturday delivered until a solution can be met. I don't blame them.

Worst case scenario, a few RPCD's work Saturday until the Local works it out.
I've got a big problem with the wording.

What's to stop the company from , let's say for arguements' sake , moving 75% or more of the runs to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule and leaving a small percentage for Monday through Fridays ?

Instant reaction from almost everyone on here will most likely be naive and obtuse... they will say something like
" Oh , the company would never do that "

" They would want to even it out "

" It's obviously much better to deliver on mondays more than saturdays because businesses are open , etc. "

... And I'm sure a host of other rebuttals for why the company wouldn't do it will come flying in ;
But the point is : With the way it's currently worded in the contract : UPS can and would be in the right , or able to implement a ridiculous strategy like that , thus upending the vast majority of drivers lives.

Again, why is the contract so vague ? It's my belief that the union leaves these issues vaguely worded to give the company wiggle room to violate the contract whenever they so please. It happens on almost all issues where the company just does as they please because the wording is just vague enough to allow them to obfuscate the contract meaning.

This is just yet one loophole in this adaptation of contract. There are more and frankly , its quite tiring to know the union allows these shenanigans over and over and over again. It's like the union is Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while the company is Lucy pretending to hold it.

What's to stop the company from , let's say for arguements' sake , moving 75% or more of the runs to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule and leaving a small percentage for Monday through Fridays ?

Instant reaction from almost everyone on here will most likely be naive and obtuse... they will say something like

" It's obviously much better to deliver on mondays more than saturdays because businesses are open , etc. "

... And I'm sure a host of other rebuttals for why the company wouldn't do it will come flying in ;
But the point is : With the way it's currently worded in the contract : UPS can and would be in the right , or able to implement a ridiculous strategy like that , thus upending the vast majority of drivers lives.

Again, why is the contract so vague ? It's my belief that the union leaves these issues vaguely worded to give the company wiggle room to violate the contract whenever they so please. It happens on almost all issues where the company just does as they please because the wording is just vague enough to allow them to obfuscate the contract meaning.

This is just yet one loophole in this adaptation of contract. There are more and frankly , its quite tiring to know the union allows these shenanigans over and over and over again. It's like the union is Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while the company is Lucy pretending to hold it.
The Union can not tell the company how to run its business.

Doubleparkedrunner

The Union can not tell the company how to run its business.
I didn't say the union can tell the company how to run its business.

But the union , sure as hell can fight for something as simple as getting the wording locked down and cemented to prevent abuses of power from said company.

If the union chooses not to do so , then the union is complicit in the tomfoolery and backhanded shadiness the company directs at their " valued employees " , as they claim they are.

I didn't say the union can tell the company how to run its business.

But the union , sure as hell can fight for something as simple as getting the wording locked down and cemented to prevent abuses of power from said company.

If the union chooses not to do so , then the union is complicit in the tomfoolery and backhanded shadiness the company directs at their " valued employees " , as they claim they are.
The company moves jobs around a lot. We lost our day sort when it was moved to Rockford.

Karma...

the company will move shifts and hire people in locations where the union locals are not hostile...this will be done when possible.....ive seen it happen. just like problem employees are not given breaks whereas good employees get breaks......its only right and fair this occurs.....

Steamer

I guess the guys whining about being laid off and voting no because of progression don't even think about their own position. Being laid off when you're new happens. Work is based on seniority. Voting no for the new contract because you're laid off? That makes a lot of sense; if you don't think about it.

some1else

Banned

It li Iooks like if you are older than 2019 and do not bid on a t-s route then you are m-friend even if unassigned.

some1else

Banned
I guess the guys whining about being laid off and voting no because of progression don't even think about their own position. Being laid off when you're new happens. Work is based on seniority. Voting no for the new contract because you're laid off? That makes a lot of sense; if you don't think about it.
Yeah look at yellow. If you give the company a ton of concessions and don’t ever strike or stand up for yourself your job is 100% guaranteed

Steamer

Yeah look at yellow. If you give the company a ton of concessions and don’t ever strike or stand up for yourself your job is 100% guaranteed
It's going to pass. People would be fools to turn it down now. They forget how they felt when they thought a strike was going to happen. Most were worried as hell. Those raises aren't guaranteed if it's turned down. It's starting over from scratch. The corporation may rethink their position if they can hire enough scabs to cover. You're not going to get everything in a single contract.

It's going to pass. People would be fools to turn it down now. They forget how they felt when they thought a strike was going to happen. Most were worried as hell. Those raises aren't guaranteed if it's turned down. It's starting over from scratch. The corporation may rethink their position if they can hire enough scabs to cover. You're not going to get everything in a single contract.
They can shove those raises up their collective ass if they want to short pension increases.

Given the half-assed language on 9.5, forced 6th punch, 8-hour requests, PVDs, unstaffable Saturdays, etc. it sounds like starting from scratch is the only appropriate thing to do.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They can shove those raises up their collective ass if they want to short pension increases.

Given the half-assed language on 9.5, forced 6th punch, 8-hour requests, PVDs, unstaffable Saturdays, etc. it sounds like starting from scratch is the only appropriate thing to do.

I’m starting to think so. It seems like the fix was in.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
What's to stop the company from , let's say for arguements' sake , moving 75% or more of the runs to a Tuesday through Saturday schedule and leaving a small percentage for Monday through Fridays
That’s exactly what they’re going to do , glad I’m a senior RPCD prior to the JUNIOR 2019 RPCDS . They’re all going back to Saturdays

some1else

Banned
The scab-bot is just cut and pasting talking points that don’t even go together now.

some1else

Banned
That’s exactly what they’re going to do , glad I’m a senior RPCD prior to the JUNIOR 2019 RPCDS . They’re all going back to Saturdays
Switch the “you will never be a rcpd” to you are after 19’ that means your legal for ups to beep. Those of us under 2018 aren’t legal.