Tentative Agreement

T

TheBrownGuy

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

Will we have time to read and digest the agreement before we vote, or will we just get a overview of the positive points handed to us. I remember in contracts past that there is sometimes not much time to analize the wording (especially if both sides are pushing for ratification). In today's lightning fast information age the details are likely to leak out rather quickly (I hope).

undies

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

No reason for us to move to a teamster plan other than the company being greedy. I'm voting no.

happybob

Feeders
I got a report of some of the details in the TA:

$3.90 in raises over the five year life of the contract.
$2.50 per hour more into the pension, over the five years.
Health: no co-pays for active members, but retirees will have to pay co-pays.
They said substantial raises, didn't they?

TimeForChange

Pay details:

Five annual raises:

70 cents
70 cents
70 cents
90 cents
1 dollar

I know that that adds up to $4.00, not $3.90, like I posted earlier, but this is one of those breaking news stories where sometimes conflicting information gets disseminated. The IBT should be posting the entire TA soon.

stink219

I got a report of some of the details in the TA:

$3.90 in raises over the five year life of the contract.
$2.50 per hour more into the pension, over the five years.
Health: no co-pays for active members, but retirees will have to pay co-pays.
They said substantial raises, didn't they?
Excluding health care, we are looking at $1.28 per hour per year. You don't see that as substantial?

Logb17

Why is that a big fat no? You don't make enough already? 33 Bucks an hour to almost 37 by contract end isn't enough for you?
37 an hour for an unskilled labor job is doing pretty well in my book. No one will feel sorry for you. We are lucky to have this job. Dollar raises every year is unsustainable. Id be making 50 dollars an hour when i retire.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why is that a big fat no? You don't make enough already? 33 Bucks an hour to almost 37 by contract end isn't enough for you?
37 an hour for an unskilled labor job is doing pretty well in my book. No one will feel sorry for you. We are lucky to have this job. Dollar raises every year is unsustainable. Id be making 50 dollars an hour when i retire.

As we both should be. It's called inflation. Ask your parents what they started out making and what they finished making.

It's really not rocket science.

$4.50 over a 5 year contract is what we needed bare minimum to keep up with inflation.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

The cake route I have now at 37 bucks an hour? I might be one of these guys that never retires.

opie

Are these split raises? They made in sound in the press releases that part timers may be getting bigger raises compared to full timers.

happybob

Feeders
Excluding health care, we are looking at $1.28 per hour per year. You don't see that as substantial?
That $2.50 in pension increases doesn't apply to New England. When they bought us out of the multi employer plan we were told the pension contribution rate would be frozen for 10 years. Put that $2.50 in our pay increases and then I WILL call that substantial.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That $2.50 in pension increases doesn't apply to New England. When they bought us out of the multi employer plan we were told the pension contribution rate would be frozen for 10 years. Put that $2.50 in our pay increases and then I WILL call that substantial.

We will have to wait and see the details but lets all be honest a raise that doesn't even cover the historical rate of inflation is by no means substantial.

Inthegame

Pay details:

Five annual raises:

70 cents
70 cents
70 cents
90 cents
1 dollar

I know that that adds up to $4.00, not $3.90, like I posted earlier, but this is one of those breaking news stories where sometimes conflicting information gets disseminated. The IBT should be posting the entire TA soon.

It's $.80 in the 4th year hence the $3.90