Tentative Agreement

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Re: Company Health Plan UPSers To Be Moved to Union Plans, YIKES!

All UPSers on company plans will be moved to health plans. The new contract also only offers 2,000 new full-time jobs. We're still waiting on how much retiree healthcare will rise per month. Raises are:

equaling about 1.7%--way below inflation.
$2.50 pension increase over the 5 year life of the contract, the lowest in the past 20 years.

From the looks of it, its is the largest sell-out in the history of UPS Teamsters.

I'm voting NO, how will you?

likely a no vote from me. Ill wait until the details are release. I can accept the low wage increase if say part timers are starting at $12 an hour now.

What really ticks me off is how the union sells it. 1.7% raise is actually a pay cut. The union is selling it as a substantial raise.

balland chain

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

They will probably rename Central States....

I don't think it is as horrible as a few people have posted on here. I just paid $93 out of pocket for a hearing test for my wife, they covered every cent of the $3000 hearing aid itself. Free cleaning and fillings at the dentist, I did have to pay $250 a crown. $20 copay doesn't bother me since I gross $1600 a week. I'm not crazy about the vision, a good set of glasses will run you $500. Considering what the average person pays for health insurance, the whining I read on here is very revealing about the entitlement society we live in today.
I am in the Central States plan and had over 5K in out of pocket bills last year that they refused to pay..I filed appeals and both were denied.. I despise Central States.. A friend who has United health care thru her employer USAirways can go to that same Doctor and pay 20 dollars and not one penny more...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

All UPSers on company plans will be moved to health plans. The new contract also only offers 2,000 new full-time jobs. We're still waiting on how much retiree healthcare will rise per month. Raises are:

equaling about 1.7%--way below inflation.
$2.50 pension increase over the 5 year life of the contract, the lowest in the past 20 years.

From the looks of it, its is the largest sell-out in the history of UPS Teamsters.

I'm voting NO, how will you?
TDU.org (love them) says raises of
Guess we shall see if this is correct.

Evil

Those of us on company health plans will vote a big NO on this proposal!

balland chain

likely a no vote from me. Ill wait until the details are release. I can accept the low wage increase if say part timers are starting at $12 an hour now.

What really ticks me off is how the union sells it. 1.7% raise is actually a pay cut. The union is selling it as a substantial raise.
The Union is going to spin this to the end.. From the little I have read, it looks like the Union has let us down again.. I think the Teamsters in DC should have to get on the Central States plan so they can see how bad it actually is.. A 1.7% raise, really for all that we have to put up with the Manager harassing us ... A big NO vote from me.. I think the raise they are referring to is the one that UPS is giving THEM for selling us out..

article22

Banned
RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

On this day where the company boasted of huge earnings we are given a subpar proposal..... Although all the details Are not out yet.....it looks like Hoffa and his crew sold us out!!!! The end.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Excluding health care, we are looking at $1.28 per hour per year. You don't see that as substantial?

Considering now we make about $40 an hour excluding healthcare no 3% a year is not substantial. Actually it's not a "raise" be lucky if it maintains.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Re: RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

Don't know what the specifics are...not passing judgement one way or another till the specifics come out and will refrain from pooh poohing till then. The end.

brostalss

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

I'll take it. No out of pocket premiums is a rare thing these days. Consider yourselves lucky. My wife had to pay well over $400 a month for the same coverage. To be able to goto any doctor is a luxury.
As far as the raises go, something is better than nothing. We get paid very well for what we do.

sortaisle

I have my doubts of moving all of us into one plan. The drivers aren't all on one plan now it seems. I would guess that all the local employees will be moved to their local union plan. Easier logistically.

LagunaBrown

Company Health Plan UPSers To Be Moved to Union Plans, YIKES!

Crazy..... I guess you can vote no and go on strike since you guys can find work as economists and fortune tellers. Lol - lets be honest.... You don't know crap. Wait till its done to speculate and until then, enjoy the fact you don't have Obamacare.

UPS Preloader

Re: RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

Don't know what the specifics are...not passing judgement one way or another till the specifics come out and will refrain from pooh poohing till then. The end.

Well said! People need to keep an open mind until all details are released.

sortaisle

Why would we speculate once it's done? Then we wouldn't be speculating.

balland chain

I'll take it. No out of pocket premiums is a rare thing these days. Consider yourselves lucky. My wife had to pay well over $400 a month for the same coverage. To be able to goto any doctor is a luxury.
As far as the raises go, something is better than nothing. We get paid very well for what we do.
I am in the central states plan and WE cannot go to any doctor.. We have to go to the doctors listed in the directory that central states mails out.. If you go to a doctor not listed in that book, you WILL get a bill.. Last year when I did, I got a bill, a big one..I filed two appeals, both denied... I was stuck paying for the entire bill to the tune of 5K... I would rather have good insurance and pay a monthly premium for it... The insurance with central states is subpar..I have listened to my friends who can go to the doctor and pay the 15 or 20 dollar copay and that is it.. With central states we pay 20 dollar copay, the 20% of the total bill, not 20% of the discount that central states has negotiated.. They will get a NO vote from me...

UPS Preloader

I am in the central states plan and WE cannot go to any doctor.. We have to go to the doctors listed in the directory that central states mails out.. If you go to a doctor not listed in that book, you WILL get a bill.. Last year when I did, I got a bill, a big one..I filed two appeals, both denied... I was stuck paying for the entire bill to the tune of 5K... I would rather have good insurance and pay a monthly premium for it... The insurance with central states is subpar..I have listened to my friends who can go to the doctor and pay the 15 or 20 dollar copay and that is it.. With central states we pay 20 dollar copay, the 20% of the total bill, not 20% of the discount that central states has negotiated.. They will get a NO vote from me...

I have been in a Teamsters controlled plan for 6 years and I have no complaints. The coverage is not as good as the FT's, but overall it is very good coverage. My guess is that changes will be made to the Central States Plan to make it more compatible with your current coverage, but that's just my opinion. In all fairness to those affected, as soon as the details are released someone needs to post a link to your current coverage as well as a link to the new proposed coverage so that we can all see the differences. Even though it doesn't effect me, I will base my decision on how it affects my brothers and sisters overall.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

I'm under company plan. No out of pocket money for scripts. $10 copay for dr visits. $25 for emergency room. $100 for hospital. Everything else 100% covered after copay.