Tentative agreement

Box Ox

I don't understand why union leaders dont realize what ups is doing. They take small pieces at a time, not chunks

It's the go along to get along mentality among the leadership. They don't want to rock the boat with UPS because it's every man for himself at the leadership level. They'll be fine no matter what happens.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
"Uh oh, hybrid drivers made it in?"

(Looks at rest of contract)

"Oh, I guess hybrid drivers aren't such a big deal with this whole host of other stuff in there."
they won't be that big this contract. Ups has to hire them first. They dont have the work force yet

Tony Q

hybrid drivers hurt full timers, and eventually part timers
So if these jobs create 10,000 new full time jobs for part timers this is a bad thing? A 31 dollar an hour job is a bad thing. Good luck selling that to the general public. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I fantisize about letting you all burn this place to the ground. Some of us would survive without UPS or a completely restructured UPS.

Jkloc420

So if these jobs create 10,000 new full time jobs for part timers this is a bad thing? A 31 dollar an hour job is a bad thing. Good luck selling that to the general public. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I fantisize about letting you all burn this place to the ground. Some of us would survive without UPS or a completely restructured UPS.
Hearing it is 15 bucks, that was the big sticking point. If their treating like regular drivers then were see.

Tony Q

"Oh, I guess hybrid drivers aren't such a big deal with this whole host of other stuff in there."
You will have to be the judge of that one. This country is going down hill fast but we still have the right to vote. Hopefully people vote either way. No vote at all is worse than a YES or NO vote. Its actually reprehensible.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol the problem with that selling point is this was a year we held all of the power. All of it. Yet they still gave up this massive concession.

Box Ox

Part time force cant drive stick and most dont want to drive.

Believe I'm hearing some locations don't have the stick requirement anymore. And PTers might go hybrid if they're told they'll only ever work limited hours. If I were a preloader making peanuts and was told I could make $25-$30 an hour at 8 hours max per day, I'd give it some real thought.

Jkloc420

Believe I'm hearing some locations don't have the stick requirement anymore. And PTers might go hybrid if they're told they'll only ever work limited hours. If I were a preloader making peanuts and was told I could make $25-$30 an hour at 8 hours max per day, I'd give it some real thought.
I agree with you, however a lot of people cant drive stick. They dont want to take the time to learn either.

Tony Q

It's going to be more than that. You can take everything I say however you want, but mark my words. When you are three years down the road, members will be fighting over these jobs.

Box Ox

Lol the problem with that selling point is this was a year we held all of the power. All of it. Yet they still gave up this massive concession.

I wouldn't be surprised if UPS has been talking to the Trump Administration and then whispering into Teamster negotiators' ears about it. The Republicans' full control of the federal government probably does have some influence.

Box Ox

It's going to be more than that. You can take everything I say however you want, but mark my words. When you are three years down the road, members will be fighting over these jobs.

Because it'll be an opportunity to work less for less pay?