Tentative contract

The Range

In too deep
I would like to see how many PTers are under MRA 24-26/hour and will end up with a goose egg when all is said and done. This bullet point of "MRA plus raises" means what to UPS? It's the same :censored2: as prior contracts. This one makes me uncomfortable as O'Brien has been using pters and in particular neglected tenured part-timers as the main reason for a strike. I expect to be at the same pay rate after this contract passes. Effectively, zero raise. Pending clarification, easy no vote.

Last edited:

R1wonder

Take some pride in yourself..you dont need college or ups to make money.
I do , I make more than my college friends who are electrical engineers , I make more than my friend who been in the army since he was 18, he started same time I did for ups : I take pride in what my union does and I’m happy with this contract

Thebrownblob

I do , I make more than my college friends who are electrical engineers , I make more than my friend who been in the army since he was 18, he started same time I did for ups : I take pride in what my union does and I’m happy with this contract
Well stated, throughout my career, most of my friends have been amazed at the level of stability the amount of vacation and the type of health insurance we have as well. I think we forget because we’re sheltered the amount of craziness that happens in other industries. Well, we just keep plugging along, oblivious to all of it.

dogs.bite.me

I am trust me

Just kind of annoying how it’s worked. I started at $8.50 an hour in 2010. Worked through the years to $10 an hour, then they raised starting wage to $10 when I got it. Worked more years up to $15, walk in one day and they announce starting wage now $15. Now the same thing is happening at $21.

It’s just a downer because originally I thought I was being bumped to $21 PLUS that $2.75 raise, but again it sounds like I’m just being matched with the new hires
Or you could look at it like you got $12.50 raise over 10 years.

Who cares what newbies make. You said it in other threads. Same work, same pay.

Comparing yourself to others only makes you resentful of others instead of happy with what you’ve got.

$12.50 over 10 years isn’t bad my friend.

+ you will probably get an extra dollar or more because of the catch up raise.

Its_a_me

Anyone that looks at the contract as anything but a complete screw over by both the company and the union for anyone in that 8-15 year PT seniority range is a fool.

VOTE NO

Last edited:

Its_a_me

Or you could look at it like you got $12.50 raise over 10 years.

Who cares what newbies make. You said it in other threads. Same work, same pay.

Comparing yourself to others only makes you resentful of others instead of happy with what you’ve got.

$12.50 over 10 years isn’t bad my friend.

+ you will probably get an extra dollar or more because of the catch up raise.
people without MRA’s
new PT hires/less than 2 yr = $4.50 raise
2-4.99 yrs PT = approx 4.00 raise
5-8 year PTers = approx 3.75
8-9.99 years PT =approx 3.25 raise
10-14.99 yrs = 3.75 raise
15+ year PT’ers = 4.25

union screws over PT’ers yet again. the group that has 8-9.99 yrs has it the worst.

full timers screwed over by backload raises that won’t keep up with inflation in yrs 2-3 but won‘t get supplemented by COLA (as 3% or under = no COLA raise).
yr 2 0.75
yr3 0.75
yr4 1.00
yr5 2.25

this is an all hype contract during company’s best economic times with a low unemployment rate period and people should vote NO

if this is the result of the best union minds we have it’s time to outsource them

i care that a person off the streets is making $1.55 less than a person with 9.5 years in at the company and you should too.

Thebrownblob

people without MRA’s
new PT hires/less than 2 yr = $4.50 raise
2-4.99 yrs PT = approx 4.00 raise
5-8 year PTers = approx 3.75
8-9.99 years PT =approx 3.25 raise
10-14.99 yrs = 3.75 raise
15+ year PT’ers = 4.25

union screws over PT’ers yet again. the group that has 8-9.99 yrs has it the worst.

full timers screwed over by backload raises that won’t keep up with inflation in yrs 2-3 but won‘t get supplemented by COLA (as 3% or under = no COLA raise).
yr 2 0.75
yr3 0.75
yr4 1.00
yr5 2.25

this is an all hype contract during company’s best economic times with a low unemployment rate period and people should vote NO

if this is the result of the best union minds we have it’s time to outsource them

i care that a person off the streets is making $1.55 less than a person with 9.5 years in at the company and you should too.
Yeah, screw those new guys. We hate the unborn. 😂

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yeah, screw those new guys. We hate the unborn. 😂
One problem is these PT people don’t want to go full time. When I started as a casual, which technically was part time since i didn’t work 12 months, I got way less than a top rate driver for doing the same or more than them. It sucked but my goal was to become full time. After over 2 years of that I finally made the list and then had to wait 2 more years in progression to make top rate. It’s all about your goals. Part time work gets part time wages.

Thebrownblob

One problem is these PT people don’t want to go full time. When I started as a casual, which technically was part time since i didn’t work 12 months, I got way less than a top rate driver for doing the same or more than them. It sucked but my goal was to become full time. After over 2 years of that I finally made the list and then had to wait 2 more years in progression to make top rate. It’s all about your goals. Part time work gets part time wages.
This is true, and then on the other end of the spectrum, they complain about people making more money than them, but want to make more money than people who came after them. They’re literally hypocrites. I love it!

mikejonesjr

This is true, and then on the other end of the spectrum, they complain about people making more money than them, but want to make more money than people who came after them. They’re literally hypocrites. I love it it’s becaus
It’s because a new hire makes the same amount as someone with up to 10 years. But those same 10 year employees were never brought up to make the same as those above them with 15, 20 years seniority etc. it’s pretty bs in that sense and keeps them underpaid

MattM

Man, these longevity raises are going to piss a lot of people off, and cause massive headaches for so many

Back when I started I had just barely hit my 90 day mark and got in on the 2013 contract with every GWI. A buddy had started in mid May of that year and hit his 90 mid august, so he didn’t get the full GWI. He was still somehow set within the progression schedule. I was always making 60-90 cents more than him for months at a time (back when raises were on anniversary dates and 8/1).
So this time around I wonder if they’ll consider his ten year mark at May, or mid august?