Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

CharleyHustle

Every hourly employee (every driver) has a contract book and it is our responsibility to read and understand the things written in it.

If the BA was instructing the drivers to walk off the job and it was the wrong thing to do, well, I would say that its every employee's responsibility to defy that order and abide by the agreed upon language.

Wouldn't it be simpler if the BA knew and understood the contract? Or, are you blaming the dumb drivers forgetting themselves fired?

10 point

Wouldn't it be simpler if the BA knew and understood the contract? Or, are you blaming the dumb drivers forgetting themselves fired?
I'm a driver. Every day I see employees putting all the pressure on the stewards and the BA to answer simple questions that are in the contract book.

I believe that we all can make mistakes and in a moment of anger and outrage we make them quicker.
We all get contract books after every ratification and we need to start reading them.

Your "leading" comment about "dumb" drivers is deplorable. If you want to call us drivers dumb that says a lot about yourself and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't add words to my post . I'm just saying we all should read the contract book for ourselves and be educated in the rules that apply to both sides and especially the ones that we can be fired for.

It is the BA's responsibility to do the right thing but we all can make a mistake, including the BAs, so I'm just saying that maybe it's time to read the book for ourselves and make informed decisions because doing things out of anger only can make a situation better or make it go really bad when you're not informed.

Last edited:

CharleyHustle

I'm a driver. Every day I see employees putting all the pressure on the stewards and the BA to answer simple questions that are in the contract book.

I believe that we all can make mistakes and in a moment of anger and outrage we make them quicker.
We all get contract books after every ratification and we need to start reading them.

Your "leading" comment about "dumb" drivers is deplorable. If you want to call us drivers dumb that says a lot about yourself and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't add words to my post . I'm just saying we all should read the contract book for ourselves and be educated in the rules that apply to both sides and especially the ones that we can be fired for.

It is the BA's responsibility to do the right thing but we all can make a mistake, including the BAs, so I'm just saying that maybe it's time to read the book for ourselves and make informed decisions because doing things out of anger only can make a situation better or make it go really bad when you're not informed.

I don't see where I added anything to your post.

"we, as hourlies, fail greatly in the area of doing our own homework and it is a huge wake up call for us to get educated immediately"

What I did do was take this statement as meaning that hourly are ignorant, uniformed, stupid or dumb, pick an adjective. I felt that by saying this you were blaming the drivers for their situation and all I did was ask you if this was in fact the case.

10 point

I don't see where I added anything to your post.

"we, as hourlies, fail greatly in the area of doing our own homework and it is a huge wake up call for us to get educated immediately"

What I did do was take this statement as meaning that hourly are ignorant, uniformed, stupid or dumb, pick an adjective. I felt that by saying this you were blaming the drivers for their situation and all I did was ask you if this was in fact the case.
You added the word "dumb" as if I alluded to that.
The correlation of what I said and what happened MAY have had ramifications because members were uninformed about work stoppage language that is in the contract that we have available to read for ourselves.
As I said before, the jury is still out on what was and wasn't contractually done that day and we should not not blame either side until that is upheld one way or the other.
We just need to at least read the language about termination and be informed in case this ever happens again. We bear the consequences for not being informed when it is all said and done.

CharleyHustle

You added the word "dumb" as if I alluded to that.

The word "dumb" was in my post, not yours. Are you OK, or are you proving the stereotype?

I still feel that your original post blamed the drivers for getting fired because they didn't know the contract or the ramifications of the language involved.

10 point

The word "dumb" was in my post, not yours. Are you OK, or are you proving the stereotype?

I still feel that your original post blamed the drivers for getting fired because they didn't know the contract or the ramifications of the language involved.
"Dumb" is your word. Don't equate it to my post.
The rest of my posting is easy to understand unless you're dumb.
See if that shoe fits Charlie.