Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

oldngray

nowhere special
If the IBT gets in the fight then they'll take over the Union and everyone knows Tim doesn't want that. But I heard they got a JUMBO street sweeper in maspeth. Could be used for leverage for Timmy to step down

Sent using BrownCafe App
www.gunauction.com_2014-04-08_11-56-18.png

Are those legal in NY?

mj924

I have a question. At the next rally if Sylvester gets on the pole like Liam will it fall?

Sent using BrownCafe App

mj924

Let me get this straight. Reyes was put on a 72 for stealing time. A week later him and Liam go in. Reyes gets the axe shouldn't the next move have been the local file an arbitration? Or is pulling everyone better. I hate to see anyone get axed but out of all this I don't think I'd mind Liam getting it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

lovcgars

Ex-Ups
No care about the livelihood of 250 drivers from local 804 you mean. Liam said that they would be be fired. He knew it. He knowingly jeopardized the lives of 250 of our brothers. That doesn't upset you? Now your expecting the Intl to swoop in a save everything? There are 1.4 million members. I'm pretty sure the intl has additional issues to deal with. Shouldn't the local try to handle business before the intl comes in?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

He definitely played on their emotions, and made a knee jerk reaction. He was supposed to be protecting people, not placing them in harms way.

10 point

No care about the livelihood of 250 drivers from local 804 you mean. Liam said that they would be be fired. He knew it. He knowingly jeopardized the lives of 250 of our brothers. That doesn't upset you? Now your expecting the Intl to swoop in a save everything? There are 1.4 million members. I'm pretty sure the intl has additional issues to deal with. Shouldn't the local try to handle business before the intl comes in?

He actually said "may be" fired. Your rendition is a little inaccurate.

Everyone had a choice.

They trusted him because he continuously fought hard for them.

The jury's still out. Have a heart.

stink219

He actually said "may be" fired. Your rendition is a little inaccurate.

Everyone had a choice.

They trusted him because he continuously fought hard for them.

The jury's still out. Have a heart.
I do have a heart........for 250 swindled drivers. "May be fired". That like the commercial YOU "MIGHT" BE A WINNER!! MIGHT!!!

upschuck

Are these replacement drivers all coming from the street? If so, are there grievances being filed for 6-1 ratio not being adhered to? UPSJobs.com is still advertising for FT PC jobs, no mention of temp status.

upschuck

When they run out Qualified PT wanting to go FT the 6 - 1 ratio doesn't apple anymore....
So your saying that no PTer wants to go FT? They would be as qualified as any streeter would be. If I was PT there, I'd be filing grievances every time a new class came through.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Not necessarily qualified: do they have a driver's license? Is their driving record clean? Have they been driving 2 years? Do they know how to drive a stick (and while UPS may teach you that, they probably don't have to wait for you to learn before hiring a street hire)?

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

I do have a heart........for 250 swindled drivers. "May be fired". That like the commercial YOU "MIGHT" BE A WINNER!! MIGHT!!!

Stink, why don't you get off the angry vendetta attitude.

Every hourly employee (every driver) has a contract book and it is our responsibility to read and understand the things written in it.

If the BA was instructing the drivers to walk off the job and it was the wrong thing to do, well, I would say that its every employee's responsibility to defy that order and abide by the agreed upon language.

Blame the BA all you want but everyone on this forum knows that we, as hourlies, fail greatly in the area of doing our own homework and it is a huge wake up call for us to get educated immediately and only good things can come out of that.

We can only be "swindled" if we allow it. That applies to all of us.

804 member

I've been asking for contract books for years. I was always told that they're in printing right now

Sent using BrownCafe App