Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

mj924

10 minute walk out in Melville cost everyone 3 days off. 90 minutes gets you fired. I'm just wondering what's Liams next move?

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

No pay disruption for the IBT. No sense of urgency.
No care about the livelihood of 250 drivers from local 804 you mean. Liam said that they would be be fired. He knew it. He knowingly jeopardized the lives of 250 of our brothers. That doesn't upset you? Now your expecting the Intl to swoop in a save everything? There are 1.4 million members. I'm pretty sure the intl has additional issues to deal with. Shouldn't the local try to handle business before the intl comes in?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

804brown

No care about the livelihood of 250 drivers from local 804 you mean. Liam said that they would be be fired. He knew it. He knowingly jeopardized the lives of 250 of our brothers. That doesn't upset you? Now your expecting the Intl to swoop in a save everything? There are 1.4 million members. I'm pretty sure the intl has additional issues to deal with. Shouldn't the local try to handle business before the intl comes in?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251
No, I think your boy hoffa/hall is afraid that sylvester will win this on his own and be seen as a hero. "Swoop in and save everything"?? LOL!!

I think he would. Its been all about Liam with little regard for the drivers other than his buddy Reyes.
I bet knowing what he knows now he wouldn't do it. If he would he's a total me first jerk. The pressure that he's putting him members and their family's under is the kind of stress that changes people forever.

mj924

I bet Tin didn't even ask the IBT for help. If he did Hoffa would help but also put the local in Trusteeship then h
Who would pay the pole swinging Liams salary?

Sent using BrownCafe App

How about if anyone would stand out there for 90 minutes?
I'd doubt it. They wold have went to work. If the local was this upset as well as the members they could have still gone to the media without this wildcat. Sure the wildcat helped and it makes more of a story for the media but they could of.

Johney

I'd doubt it. They wold have went to work. If the local was this upset as well as the members they could have still gone to the media without this wildcat. Sure the wildcat helped and it makes more of a story for the media but they could of.
I agree. If this were to happen right now somewhere else I'm not so sure everyone would stay out there.

I agree. If this were to happen right now somewhere else I'm not so sure everyone would stay out there.
We don't get the chance at hindsight before our actions. That's why the ba should have protected his members better. My ba is a sharp man. He would never jeopardize his members like that.

Johney

We don't get the chance at hindsight before our actions. That's why the ba should have protected his members better. My ba is a sharp man. He would never jeopardize his members like that.
Yup. I think when people start to blame him(if some aren't already)he will just tell them that I told you this could happen.

mj924

He told the guys "we might get terminated". While swinging like King Kong on the light pole. What an idiot. No regard for the members families

Sent using BrownCafe App

mj924

If the IBT gets in the fight then they'll take over the Union and everyone knows Tim doesn't want that. But I heard they got a JUMBO street sweeper in maspeth. Could be used for leverage for Timmy to step down

Sent using BrownCafe App

He told the guys "we might get terminated". While swinging like King Kong on the light pole. What an idiot. No regard for the members families

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's one of the first thing you have to think about when your members well being is at stake. Their families. The effect this could have on their families. Man I feel for what their families are going through. I wish I could tell them it will be alright. I do think it okay but it'll take time. Time is the hardest thing to wait for.