Terrible Offer

Hethatbeking

Terrible offer. Clearly there's either serious miscommunication between the rank & file and leadership or or we have serious lack of leadership. There's simply no excuse for these concessions. So either Hoffa and Co idiots or they're complicit. Either way I'll be voting no. And I will certainly be listening to all contenders to replace the current regime in the 2021 elections.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Terrible offer. Clearly there's either serious miscommunication between the rank & file and leadership or or we have serious lack of leadership. There's simply no excuse for these concessions. So either Hoffa and Co idiots or they're complicit. Either way I'll be voting no. And I will certainly be listening to all contenders to replace the current regime in the 2021 elections.

As King, why don't you change it?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
239F78F3-EB0C-45D7-A4DA-5653B3D76737.gif
Strike strike strike

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Strike strike strike

They extended for 2 months. Puts the vote in middle of October. Vote goes no by 90+%. Teamsters gives the company 30 more days. When they don't pony-up we go on strike beginning of December. Remember we have a strike Authorization of nearly 95%

Company can not even come close to hiring enough coverage that late in the season, 99% of seasonal workers will already be employed!

Hey UPS, hows the 2018 financials gonna look if we :censored2: all over your peak season?

They extended for 2 months. Puts the vote in middle of October. Vote goes no by 90+%. Teamsters gives the company 30 more days. When they don't pony-up we go on strike beginning of December. Remember we have a strike Authorization of nearly 95%

Company can not even come close to hiring enough coverage that late in the season, 99% of seasonal workers will already be employed!

Hey UPS, hows the 2018 financials gonna look if we :censored2: all over your peak season?
In theory that sounds reasonable. But you forget who is running the Teamsters....

mikejonesjr

Even if their was a strike it wouldnt be called until after peak. Even if the union had to say flat out in November that we will strike in January. Plus there is too much money to be made during peak, my checks are triple that of any other time of the year. And I'm all for voting no.

542thruNthru

It's a nice dream but we will never get those kind of numbers. This will be like last contract. Horrible numbers.

Indecisi0n

For Halloween I'm going to be a STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE

Indecisi0n

Even if their was a strike it wouldnt be called until after peak. Even if the union had to say flat out in November that we will strike in January. Plus there is too much money to be made during peak, my checks are triple that of any other time of the year. And I'm all for voting no.
If you think about it during peak would be the perfect time. We would have the upper hand.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I don't know, Dennis may be playing this prefect using the calendar. UPS could not possibly allow a strike go for more than a day during December! Your checks triple but UPS stands to lose even more.

TheFigurehead

While I would love that...

We've been sold out, plain and simple. We're going to be forced into some version of this contract. The people who would call a strike are all bought and paid for. Nothing matters anymore. The game is over. The Teamsters have conceded.

Sure we can change the leadership... but once this cat is out of the bag, there is no going back. We will never wrangle 22.4's out of the company's hands. They will take every concession we ever make to the grave with them.

It seems the last 2 contracts the union and company have gotten together and said let’s see what we can get by then this time. It’s getting old. Record profits means zero concessions. ZERO. STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE