Test center 8.6 plan day for everybody

87brown

Five weeks ago our center started a new program that UPS is implementing everyone has an 8.6 day nobody works over 95 obviously you've always had some stragglers they can't get it done but for the most part it is working it's been over a month and a half now and now it's starting to take affect it's crazy you get in at 7:15 730 it's almost like a ghost town at our center now but it's funny a lot of the drivers that did not want overtime are now complaining about not having any but according to the center manager they are starting phase 2 of this it looks like they're going to start rolling it out nationwide I know for me when I come into work if I have 12 hours available and I'm off in 10 hours I feel I left two hours on the table I just want to make is much money as I can so that I can retire comfortably I know some don't feel that way but after over 31 years of doing this I want to be able to retire with as much money as I can the other thing That was interesting was a lot of the drivers complain they had no life and now that they're off early a lot of them say they don't know what to do with them selves it's crazy anyhow just thought I would give you guys a heads up I know some will love it and some light it but it looks like the company really is making a change

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Five weeks ago our center started a new program that UPS is implementing everyone has an 8.6 day nobody works over 95 obviously you've always had some stragglers they can't get it done but for the most part it is working it's been over a month and a half now and now it's starting to take affect it's crazy you get in at 7:15 730 it's almost like a ghost town at our center now but it's funny a lot of the drivers that did not want overtime are now complaining about not having any but according to the center manager they are starting phase 2 of this it looks like they're going to start rolling it out nationwide I know for me when I come into work if I have 12 hours available and I'm off in 10 hours I feel I left two hours on the table I just want to make is much money as I can so that I can retire comfortably I know some don't feel that way but after over 31 years of doing this I want to be able to retire with as much money as I can the other thing That was interesting was a lot of the drivers complain they had no life and now that they're off early a lot of them say they don't know what to do with them selves it's crazy anyhow just thought I would give you guys a heads up I know some will love it and some light it but it looks like the company really is making a change
What's a "straggler"? Fair days work for fair days pay!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The company can’t even give you eight when you request it. But you think they can give you an 8.6 plan? Lmao. You’re being fooled into bringing it in early.

87brown

Yes they did say we were going to do it for a few weeks and is now extended to other centers just like you guys I laughed it off no different then Orion looks like this is really going to be implemented just thought I would give you a heads up oh by the way a straggler what I should have said to clarify it was obviously you will always have routes that run into issues on call errors heavy pick up volume that ends up going over that number but for the most part all routes are in early

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
In order to make 8.6, I’d need a 6.1 plan. What do Mall routes get?

87brown

Five weeks ago at our center UPS is implementing everyone has an 8.6 day nobody works over 95 obviously you've always had some what's that they they can't get it done but for the most part it is working it's been over a month and a half now and now it's starting to take affect it's crazy you get in at 7:15 730 it's almost like a ghost town at our center now but it's funny a lot of the drivers that did not want overtime are now complaining about not having any but according to the center manager they are starting phase 2 of this it looks like they're going to start rolling it out nationwide I know for me when I come into work if I have 12 hours available and I'm off in 10 hours I feel I left two hours on the table I just want to make is much money as I can so that I can retire comfortably I know some don't feel that way but after over 31 years of doing this I want to be able to retire with as much money as I can the other thing That was interesting was a lot of the drivers complain they had no life and now that they're off early a lot of them say they don't know what to do with them selves it's crazy anyhow just thought I would give you guys a heads up I know some will love it and some light it but it looks like the company really is making a change

Grey

tenor.gif