Texas school shooting

newfie

But they SAID it was locked...
what i heard initially was a teacher had propped the door open.
i then heard the teacher had closed the door when she heard the shooting but it was not locked.

it was supposed to be a single entry school with all other doors locked. teachers were propping open the doors closest to their parked cars because it apparently was too much a pain in the rear to walk around to the single door they were supposed to go through.

the police officer assigned there along with the administrators assigned should have been making sure no one left doors propped open or unlocked.

if you prop open a door at the airport or leave one unlocked you can get a 1000 dollar individual fine and your company a 25000 dollar fine per incident.

schools need to be just as serious about their security. the shooter should have died outside trying to break in.

newfie

End of story. Do not question the police.

(or so I was told that)
oh they're definitely being questioned and their response is clearly being investigated.

while national politicians are using the death of those kids for their fund raising its clear local officials are investigating the heck out of everything involved.

newolddude

oh they're definitely being questioned and their response is clearly being investigated.

while national politicians are using the death of those kids for their fund raising its clear local officials are investigating the heck out of everything involved.
And gun stores can't keep anything on the shelves because they think us limp wristed man bun wearing gay liberals are coming for your guns tomorrow.

El Correcto

god is dead
i still don’t understand how this argument just comes down to that classroom door. Single story school and the classroom didn’t have windows?
It’s like they got tunnel vision on breaching the classroom or trying to engage with the gun man from the door, thinking clearly without children dying around me, engage the gunman from a window..

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Every scenario you blue bashers put forward has at its root one (possible) fact. Then you build a fantasy of what YOU would do in their shoes.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking at its worst.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety wrong here?

cartman-throw-under-the-bus.gif

newfie

And gun stores can't keep anything on the shelves because they think us limp wristed man bun wearing gay liberals are coming for your guns tomorrow.

absolutely . Liberals yelling gun control are the best gun salesmen out there.

I can get a nice return on the stock market just by buying gun stocks everytime the gun debate rises up.

other than that this is an issue that neither side wants resolved because its such a good political fund raising issue.

newfie

i still don’t understand how this argument just comes down to that classroom door. Single story school and the classroom didn’t have windows?
It’s like they got tunnel vision on breaching the classroom or trying to engage with the gun man from the door, thinking clearly without children dying around me, engage the gunman from a window..
same here. the schools i went to had plenty of windows to climb in and out of.

newfie

Every scenario you blue bashers put forward has at its root one (possible) fact. Then you build a fantasy of what YOU would do in their shoes.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking at its worst.
do you agree we should ask questions as to how they handled it?

when i worked at the airport i attended a security meeting where they showed video of the LA airport shooting.
the video shows police running in from all directions some of them putting on their vests as they ran toward the shooter.
I think we can all agree that over time we've learned that the quick response by police is the best option.
So in this case cops standing around for over an hour just seems bizarre.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
do you agree we should ask questions as to how they handled it?

when i worked at the airport i attended a security meeting where they showed video of the LA airport shooting.
the video shows police running in from all directions some of them putting on their vests as they ran toward the shooter.
I think we can all agree that over time we've learned that the quick response by police is the best option.
So in this case cops standing around for over an hour just seems bizarre.
Absolutely. Just don’t judge and condemn before having the FACTS. If the FACTS show dereliction of duty, pile on! But until you have the FACTS, stop smearing reputations.

PCM Troll

I don't think the cop who shot the guy was a coward. I don't think the cops he shot were cowards. I don't think the cops that were bashing out windows pulling kids to safety were cowards.

I think this is sounds like a pretty ghetto small town and I doubt they get super great police applicants. They probably aren't the sharpest officers, and I imagine it was a real cluster of incompetence.

I mean, who would want to deal with a border town filled with illegals and drugs like a freaking pinata exploded. Place sounds like a real hell hole.
It's not a border town but it is a hell hole.

PCM Troll

The gunman would have killed anyone trying to use the windows. The gunman took cover in the classroom closet and which gave him good cover and position to fire from.

El Correcto

god is dead
The gunman would have killed anyone trying to use the windows. The gunman took cover in the classroom closet and which gave him good cover and position to fire from.
I don’t mean try to climb in through the window either, just see if you can take a shot from it.
Did they answer this question and has anyone asked them?
I mean yeah there’s a possibility you’ll die as a police officer in a fire fight, but it just seems the best option if you struggle with the door to at least engage the guy killing kids in the school.

Also I didn’t know this guy was in a closet, I don’t like reading details about this kind of nonsense, puts me in a mood.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don’t mean try to climb in through the window either, just see if you can take a shot from it.
Did they answer this question and has anyone asked them?
I mean yeah there’s a possibility you’ll die as a police officer in a fire fight, but it just seems the best option if you struggle with the door to at least engage the guy killing kids in the school.

Also I didn’t know this guy was in a closet, I don’t like reading details about this kind of nonsense, puts me in a mood.
Not knowing the FACTS didn’t stop you from your ranting though, did it!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Absolutely. Just don’t judge and condemn before having the FACTS. If the FACTS show dereliction of duty, pile on! But until you have the FACTS, stop smearing reputations.

The problem is we probably will never get the “real” facts. They don’t want to put out the real facts. When situations are being covered up and manipulated the facts seem to be hard to find. Kind of like trying to find facts on how Epstein died.