Thank You, James Oberstar

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Jim Oberstar has passed away, and you should mourn his passing because he did his best to fight FedEx, especially during the 1996-97 FAA Reauthorization Act debacle. He hated Fred S, which makes him a hero to me. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

fedex_rtd

He saw what FedEx really was, and had the balls that others in congress did not have when facing down the corporate money machine.

If he had been successful in his push to get the drivers properly classified as working under NLRB rules and not RLA rules, we drivers would have more money in out pockets.

I'm sure Fred losses no sleep knowing he has past.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He saw what FedEx really was, and had the balls that others in congress did not have when facing down the corporate money machine.

If he had been successful in his push to get the drivers properly classified as working under NLRB rules and not RLA rules, we drivers would have more money in out pockets.

I'm sure Fred losses no sleep knowing he has past.

I don't think Fred will be sending a card or flowers. I had read a magazine article years ago how Smith was fuming when Oberstar had the audacity to make our Dear Beloved Leader wait in the foyer of Oberstar's office. I guess Fred pitched a fit. Oberstar saw Smith for what he really is....a greedy POS.

barnyard

KTM rider
He represented the district just north of me. I have heard him do call ins on the local public radio station many times. He was a fantastic representative for my state, for labor and for transportation issues.

His dad helped organize miners on the Iron Range and was very proud that his union member # was 1.

He lost the election to Chip Cravaack, not because his district suddenly became conservative, but because he put his campaign on auto pilot and did not spend any time in Mn. Cravaack made a very big deal about that and was able to squeak out a win.

Mr Oberstar will be missed by many.

yadig

I wish he would have succeded and we were in the NLRA. He did make Fred spend alot of money fighting that FAA bill. I just wish we had more politicans of his caliber.. He will be missed..

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Jim, thank you for going up to bat for us. You were one of the few that had the guts and the sense to do so.

RIP my friend.