Thank you ups

sx2700

Banned
Thank you UPS......for paying me $8.50 an hour to destroy my back and allowing me to work ungodly hours to move your worthless packages instead of spending time with my family. But, ya know what? If I don't like it I can quit right?!?!?!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......UPS is #1

ups1990

I, tell those who ask almost daily, that UPS will provide for you and the family. The pay will afford you a modest home and the health benefits our competitiors envy. Rest assured the company, will ask in return a tremendous amount from its employee , physically and mentally. Your quality time with loved ones will be minimal. UPS pays the bills, but with out us they'll make no bills.

On reason, why we vent is probaly due to the fact that we see where UPS has gone wrong and continues to be wrong. We see firsthand, our customers being affected by decision made by management.

ups1990

I know that we all tend to "bash" UPS...

But, I want to thank UPS. UPS employed me for the past 24 years. I have worked with some great people and worked with some that were not so great. In all, I am thankful for everything I was able to do in life because of having a steady, good paying job. UPS never gave me a hard time when I needed to take time off when my children were small and always in the doctors office or home sick.

I have met some wonderful people over the years that I am very thankful for. My coworkers are my extended family.

So in all, THANK YOU UPS!
How rude of me. Forgive me, for not congradulating you on your retirement. God Bless!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Congrats to everyone retired and enjoying hopefully a great retired life.

I have a love-hate relationship with UPS. I love to hate and hate to love my job and the company.
The reason I come back to work every day, like so many others, is because the pay and the benes are reasonably good and I NEED a good physical challenge and to constantly stay busy- sitting behind a desk watching the clock is not what life should be like - staying active and keeping moving is the key to living life and living strong for many years.
The mind games and stress I could do without, but it can only make you a stronger person if you go about your business the right way.

disneyworld

I know that we all tend to "bash" UPS...

But, I want to thank UPS. UPS employed me for the past 24 years. I have worked with some great people and worked with some that were not so great. In all, I am thankful for everything I was able to do in life because of having a steady, good paying job. UPS never gave me a hard time when I needed to take time off when my children were small and always in the doctors office or home sick.

I have met some wonderful people over the years that I am very thankful for. My coworkers are my extended family.

So in all, THANK YOU UPS!
You're welcome Mr. Eskew!!

browniehound

Retirement. What a wonderful word..many people don't get half the pension we do. I was lucky and was paroled after a little over 25. I know many that started right after High School and are to young to hang it up. 20 and out should be the norm as then you should still be in fairly good physical shape. Good Luck and Enjoy your time..

Milkman, I'm sorry to call you on this. I totally disagree with your analogy comparing UPS to prison. I mean no offense, but you are totally off-base with this. I will make my case as nicely as possible. Its fun to say we are at UPS for life without parole.

Many people think UPS is run like a prison. It might be in one small aspect. That is we must follow the rules and they are strictly disiplined. It ends here though.

Drivers get almost $30/hour with no education required. We recieve health insurance with no "out of pocket expense". We recieve overtime when most American blue-collar workers are struggling to get 40 hours/week. We have a 401k plan with diverse investment options. We have a pension fund. We have the option of buying UPS stock at a great discount. Most importantly, we have union protection and are EMPLOYED to a company that has been in business since 1907!

If I were in prison, working at UPS would sound like heaven to me.
UPS, a prison? Its not even close because you are free to leave at any time.

In prison, you must share a 8x12 cell with a criminal stranger. You and he must use the toilet in front of each other. You are confined to this cell most of the day. You only get visitors 3 days a week if they are willing to come see you and you must talk to them behind a glass. You must shower in front of scores of people. Rape is a treat everyday. The food is terrible. Shall I continue?

Bottom line is UPS cannot be compared to prison. If you do, you have no clue!

lorri47

I have to agree with you 100%. I have worked for UPS 28 years and my managers were always willing to accomodate me with days off for various personal reasons. I just retired in April, and I must say I miss the people I worked with. Like you said, they were also my extended family.

The Milkman

Browniehound.. I was only joking..You are right about what UPS provides for us but for over 25 years I had my share of Good and bad expierences as I am sure most of you did. Management in my opinion changed after we went public. They cared IMO about the shareholders more than Jim Casey's original vision. I saw service go down the tubes despite my objections while driving and 8 years at the counter. At the counter I had to deal with alot more issues about service than as a driver. I saw each center and the bldg as a whole, and add it all up everyday, there were alot of mistakes made, that the center that was in charge of the counter did not want to address. I was thrown under the bus MANY times and had to lie but in many cases I handed the offending ctr's phone #'s so they can deal with their decisions and release me from being the PUNCHING BAG of all upset and rightly so customers that were givin a bunch of lip service to quiet them down untill they stood in my face screaming how UPS did this wrong, and I wiil never use UPS again!! It went on and on. So My experiences in over 25 years have been very good at times but as I neared retirement I saw Service slowly fade from the day's of 1981 when I first started out. We all put UPS on the Worldwide Map and our efforts in the early days of NDA grew this Company. Again We made for all of us, and I left with a sour taste in my mouth as I retired The Ctr team did not recognize me as I thought they would and others who got their 20 and 25 year plaques felt the same way. Little by little they trim this and trim that,Get rid of customer svc reps and dump the sales leads on drivers etc,etc. I was in Jersey so I don't know about your location but we were notorious with urban sprawl and congestion in the mid 80's and we all had to adjust our rte's very quickly as areas grew and the air's were the #1 issue. Many of us a had a 45 min ride to our 1st stops so any delays as you know leaving the bldg made headaches for us..Being paroled, again is just how I guess I felt leaving a company that had sup's come up the counter and have someone else take over because god forbid I get 2 minutes of overtime, but if it is convienent for them it is a different story. I could go on and on but everyone has a different opinion as we all hear horror stories of how UPS could do this or that to someone, mess up your sick day pay,vacation picks, OT, early days, I had a few of all of these and you sometimes wonder as UPS got so huge we sometimes fell through the cracks and we just became a bunch of #'s to the company. Whne driver release started out the window went Customer Interaction for the most part..I loved taking a min. or so to talk to my customers, blowing them off as a result of more SPORH took the Service out of my Sail. Then again they still want you to get sales leads,but that's Ok. You just had to explain why you were over the next day.. I ahve seen and I am sure you have seen GOOD sup's go nowhere and the Jerks climb the ladder.. Sad that you have to make a name for yourself instead of treating people who made this company GREAT like a bunch of time stealing,cheating,people. The Generals in Atlanta call the shots while we at the front lines sometimes wonder who could make such dumb decisions,and don't tell me in your career have never seen a knucklehead action...All in all my life story is certainly not boring and neither will your's be...Good luck and Retire when you can before Big Brown changes something again as I am sure we retirees may get some surprises down the road.....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Milkman, that was a good read, and I hear where you're coming from. I just have one thing to say about your post, and I'm not playing the part of a school teacher. Can you try to break your long posts up into paragraphs? It makes it hard to read when the words are all together like that. Again, not trying to smack you in the face or anything, just something i thought would help you, and other posters, in the future. Thanks, sincerely, STUG!