Thanks Fredly00

laborer

Fredly00 said:
"Heres a tip for those fumbling with the shift key.
Keep the board in ABC mode
when you need numbers, press and hold the shift key
punch your numbers, and when you let go it
will stay in ABC mode."

We received virtually no training on Diad4 and no one I talked to today had any knowledge of this feature(including management). This definitely helped out today. Thanks

SmithBarney

No problem... glad I could be of help... I've slowly been letting guys in my center know of this hint.. we arn't on PAS yet, so this definitely comes in handy.

Megansman

If your board crashes (and I've had two so far) simultaneously push AKX and hold the keys for a bit -- it will reboot and you can resume from where you left off.

laborer

Our boards have been crashing quite often due to dying batteries. Always hate getting the dreaded only 20% capacity left. We've even been issued old paper records just in case......

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
We went on Diad 4 in March and they started dying in the summer heat. The center would usually get us a new board pretty quick because the TSG techs were still around. At least now the helpers have a Diad 3 that was more reliable and that saves the day for now..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
not an extra battery?

DIAD 4 has an internal battery design, the case has to split apart to replace it. The DIAD 3 battery can be quickly changed by using a coin like a screwdriver to loosen it. This and the type of battery is another design flaw of DIAD 4.

hoser

Industrial Slob
DIAD 4 has an internal battery design, the case has to split apart to replace it. The DIAD 3 battery can be quickly changed by using a coin like a screwdriver to loosen it. This and the type of battery is another design flaw of DIAD 4.
what great engineering.

in their defence, however, to make things smaller, it means a smaller power supply, which means smaller battery, which means batteries that need to be charged internally, which means the location of the battery being the complete last priority.