Thanksgiving

moreluck

golden ticket member
I inform people who are too dumb to realize that their bad behavior inconveniences others.....I see nothing wrong with that.
Here's the exact wording on the "ticket".

Hey,
You suck at parking.
Seriously.
Learn to park and be considerate to others.
Idiot!

The size of the ticket is 4 1/2 inches square and is slipped under a wiper.

It was designed and worded by hubby.

moreluck

golden ticket member
  • How did Albert Einstein celebrate Thanksgiving?
    He was very thinkful.
  • What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?
    If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!
  • How many cooks does it take to stuff a turkey?
    One, but you really have to squeeze him in!

• A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy answered, "No ma'am, they're dead."
  • What does a Pilgrim call his best friend?
    A palgrim.

• Why can't you take a turkey to church?
    Because they use such FOWL language.

moreluck

golden ticket member
  • Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building?
    Yes - a building can't jump at all.
  • What always comes at the end of Thangsgiving?
    The letter G!
  • If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
    Pilgrims!

moreluck

golden ticket member
  • Why didn’t the Pilgrim want to make the bread?
    It’s a crummy job.
  • What would you get if you crossed a turkey with a baked fruit dessert?
    Peach gobbler!
  • Asked to write a composition entitled, "What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving," a student wrote, "I am thankful that I'm not a turkey."

• Why did they let the turkey join the band?
    Because he had the drumsticks.
  • Why did the pilgrim’s pants keep falling off?
    The buckle was on his hat!
  • What would you get if you crossed a Pilgrim with a type of cracker?
    A Pilgraham!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I got my turkey this morning. Albertsons had a coupon for Honeysuckle turkey for 47 cents a pound if you buy $25 worth of groceries.
I was already going to spend $25, so I was able to use the turkey coupon. Got about a 13 pounder, originally $24.60 for $6.51.
I'm really going to enjoy that bird.
Got Cool Whip for 88 cents and a frozen pumpkn pie for $3.99. (I don't make pies) Claim Jumper is my favorite.

oldngray

nowhere special
I got my turkey this morning. Albertsons had a coupon for Honeysuckle turkey for 47 cents a pound if you buy $25 worth of groceries.
I was already going to spend $25, so I was able to use the turkey coupon. Got about a 13 pounder, originally $24.60 for $6.51.
I'm really going to enjoy that bird.
Got Cool Whip for 88 cents and a frozen pumpkn pie for $3.99. (I don't make pies) Claim Jumper is my favorite.

12-13 pound is just the right size in my opinion. So many of the turkeys now are those huge overbred monsters that are much larger but not as good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mitch Hedberg: I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Some one needs to tell the turkey, ‘man, just be yourself.

Ellen Orleans: I have strong doubts that the first Thanksgiving even remotely resembled the ‘history’ I was told in second grade. But considering that (when it comes to holidays) mainstream America’s traditions tend to be over-eating, shopping, or getting drunk, I suppose it’s a miracle that the concept of giving thanks even surfaces at all.

Ted Nugent: If you want to save a species, simply decide to eat it. Then it will be managed -- like chickens, like turkeys, like deer, like Canadian geese.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Chocolate-Glazed Turtle Pie

posted by
DebbieBowden

What You Need
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
1/2 cup PLANTERS Pecan Halves, divided
2 pkg. (3.9 oz. each) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
2 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Make It

SPREAD caramel topping onto bottom of crust. Reserve 10 nuts for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining nuts; sprinkle over caramel topping.

BEAT pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP; pour into crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.

MICROWAVE chocolate and remaining COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until blended. Spread over pie. Top with reserved nuts. Let stand 10 min. before serving.