Thanksgiving

moreluck

golden ticket member
ec10d8666010730841a26b769e9b95c1.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not cooking 'til the big day. There's enough stuff to dig out of the freezer 'til then. TV dinners, containers of soup and frozen pizza. Time to free up some space in the freezer.

Z

ZQXC

Basic Stuffing. Maren Caruso/ Taxi/Getty Images

Bake this basic stuffing in a buttered casserole or in the turkey.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 4 cups bread cubes
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground sage(I use more)
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • turkey or chicken broth
Preparation
Sauté onion and celery in the butter until softened. Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Stir in broth until well moistened. Enough for an 8 to 10-pound turkey. Or, bake in a greased covered shallow casserole at 325° for about 35 to 45 minutes. Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.

... or you can pre-order a large pan of stuffing from Cracker Barrel
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
... or you can pre-order a large pan of stuffing from Cracker Barrel
:wink2:
Checked their site....no location within 50 miles of here.......too far to go for stuffing. I would like to have Cracker Barrel here.....last one I went to was in Phoenix. (Uncle Herschel's breakfast)

Z

ZQXC

Checked their site....no location within 50 miles of here.......too far to go for stuffing. I would like to have Cracker Barrel here.....last one I went to was in Phoenix. (Uncle Herschel's breakfast)

It's good stuffing, and you can pick it up on Thanksgiving day.
We have a local guy fix a smoked turkey and a Boston butt, (so good), leaving us with just some side dishes to put together. Makes the holiday much easier.

I thought there was a Cracker Barrel within 50 miles of everywhere. LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
Be thankful for your blessings all:
The happy memories you recall;
For time, which every heartache mends,
And oh, be thankful for your friends.