The Answer to Everything (at UPS)

browniehound

NO, like my Mom always said "kill em with kindness" always works for me!:wink2:
I have to agree. As soon as you start acting nice, angry people change their tone.

I know when I'm angry and I bump into a nice (not overly), down to earth person, he or she will always change my attitude. At least with them, lol!

some1else

Banned
I know when I'm angry and I bump into a nice (not overly), down to earth person, he or she will always change my attitude. At least with them, lol!
my mom told me something different... something like if you walk around with you pants round your ankles you gonna get ....ed

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have to agree. As soon as you start acting nice, angry people change their tone.

I will say I agree also, although the job of brightening everyones day does get old after awhile. But I have calmed many an irate customer by just not responding angrily when they are angry.
You know how a dog turns its head like its trying to figure out what you are saying, I act like my dog and it usually takes them down several notches, if it dont Im gone anyway who cares.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
If someone is yelling at you, screaming at you, or in general just being a stugwad, there is no better thing in the world to do in reply than to just say nothing, and SMILE.

I could care less about making their day better - doing the above usually makes the jerk's head explode. Which, since they were a stughead, makes my day better.

Sammie

What goes around comes around. Just when you feel like reaching over and slapping the capillaries out of someone's face, don't lose hope. Sit back and bide your time. In a matter of minutes, days, months or years, it's always comes back to bite your adversary's arse.

Dagoof

After much careful research, plus tons of personal experience, I have come up with, what I feel, is the answer to everything at UPS. I am willing to share this knowledge with my UPS brothers & sisters, in the hopes that you, too, can have a simpler, hassle-free existence at UPS. There are two answers, actually that will fit into any possible situation that may arise;

1. "I Do Not Recall"
2. "I'll Work On That"

I have found that there is nothing that comes up at UPS that one or both of these answers does not handle completely.

I have, however, found that answering "I Do Not Recall" to someone saying "hello" is somewhat awkward; however, I have decided awkward is fine.

3. Must have been a different plan

It seems work well in alot of different situations at UPS

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
What to do when being yelled and sprayed in verbal anger at; Interrupt the person and ask them in a calm and quiet voice " Did you happen to see the current price of coffee beans in Columbia?" then you get THE LOOK of confusion:confused2:, and then go for the kill with " and I can't believe that damn squirrel stole my nuts off the porch this morning again, damn!! " such confusion will prompt you to ask if they are doing OK? this should defuse allot of icky situations and make people think YOUR NUTS! :crazy:

Happy Motoring!:scooter:

some1else

Banned
If you want to watch someone totally come unglued, tell them you forgive them for the way they are talking to you.
i still remember as a kid my dad was in a road rage thing with another guy. the other guy pulls up next to the passenger side and starts screaming. i turn and look at my dad and he just gave him a big WINK and smile and i look back to the other dude and he starts screaming even more about him being a (alternate lifestyle) -which he isnt lol. it really put the guy off. way more so than the finger would have :)

SmithBarney

Also another thing to do when giving these answers, is wait a little longer than normal to answer.. just enough to make them uncomfortable.. its amazing how some people can't handle waiting... :)

JustTired

free at last.......
Also another thing to do when giving these answers, is wait a little longer than normal to answer.. just enough to make them uncomfortable.. its amazing how some people can't handle waiting... :)

I was dealing on a car like that once. The salesman came down several thousand dollars in three attempts at a price and I never said a word. If you don't believe me, ask my wife. She was embarassed and said she would never go with me to buy another car. Hey....it worked.

.........oh yeah......I bought the car.