The art of baking humans in Texas heat

Rawrzxor

This past Thursday, I was sent to a trailer in a different area of the hub. There was no fan, and you could feel the heat radiating off of the metal. @_@ You could have cooked an egg on it. Well. You know.

RandomDrone

And every third world sweatshop worker learns to deal with even worse working conditions. What's your point? Should a fortune 500 company not be concerned with this just because it hasn't been in the past?

upschuck

Seems like once a year or so, we have to have the ambulance come and take someone to the hospital because of the heat in the back of those trailers.

Packmule

Take a gallon of water and freeze it overnight then wrap it in a towel and keep it in the truck it will thaw out as the day goes on .. Works awesome for me nothing worse then piss warm water when your sweating your ass off haha..

Sent by Upsman
Caution here. The wrong kind of plastic (and most of them are) puts as many carcinogens into the water when freezing as burning a steak on the grill. Serious cancer issue!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Get a small cooler. fill with 3/4 ice and 1/4 water. It will stay 32* as long as ice is present. Get 2 rags and submerge them in the water. When you start to get too hot pull one out and wipe the back of your neck, face and then wring it out on top of your head. Replace in the water.

Some guys will just wrap the rag around the back of their neck and leave it there until it gets hot then replace with the other rag. I personally don't like that but you do whatever it takes to keep from going down!

slappyhappy

Drink a Gatorade about an hour before work, then lots of water throughout shift. And take a couple potassium pills daily. 103 here today. Thermometer in the back of package car got to 132.