The art of baking humans in Texas heat

Rawrzxor

So, it's rapidly approaching summer, and the soon-to-be 100-110 degree weather outside the metal ovens, (and, of course my cars AC doesn't work) and I was curious as to anyone's preparations or ways to compensate or endure the heat. In regards to loading trailers, I should add.

Right now, the weather is around 90 degrees, and it generally feels like 95-100 in the trailers. I feel the energy being drained out of me as I work, which goes doubly when I forget to bring a Gatorade or eat two meals before coming to work. And, when it's humid, God when it's humid, the back of the trailers are suffocating, literally suffocating.

Anyone who's loaded trailers in the heat have any recommendations? I've heard that almost every summer someone is passing out or throwing up; I would like to avoid that. I know drinking a lot of water is ostensibly a treatment, but I thought perhaps there are some more nuanced ways of dealing with the heat.

PT Car Washer

So, it's rapidly approaching summer, and the soon-to-be 100-110 degree weather outside the metal ovens, (and, of course my cars AC doesn't work) and I was curious as to anyone's preparations or ways to compensate or endure the heat. In regards to loading trailers, I should add.

Right now, the weather is around 90 degrees, and it generally feels like 95-100 in the trailers. I feel the energy being drained out of me as I work, which goes doubly when I forget to bring a Gatorade or eat two meals before coming to work. And, when it's humid, God when it's humid, the back of the trailers are suffocating, literally suffocating.

Anyone who's loaded trailers in the heat have any recommendations? I've heard that almost every summer someone is passing out or throwing up; I would like to avoid that. I know drinking a lot of water is ostensibly a treatment, but I thought perhaps there are some more nuanced ways of dealing with the heat.
Always eat something. Avoid the soda pop and alcohol. Stay active when you are not at UPS. Don't just sit in the AC all day and go to work.

RandomDrone

Just remember that there is no shame in taking a break if you start showing signs of dehydration or heat exhaustion. It can be a literal sweatshop and personally I'm not going to collapse in a trailer while tryng to put up a good PPH

im_tired

when the heat really gets here i put a gallon jug of water in the freezer before i go to bed. takes a long time to melt, and once it does it's still pretty cold.

Sean1692

Take a gallon of water and freeze it overnight then wrap it in a towel and keep it in the truck it will thaw out as the day goes on .. Works awesome for me nothing worse then piss warm water when your sweating your ass off haha..

Sent by Upsman

Z

ZQXC

I spent four summers on a flight line in Lubbock. Thank goodness they stopped flying when the almost daily thunderstorms rolled through in the afternoon.

Is "flight line" a subtle segue to let unknowing posters that you were once a member of the Air Force.

Worker304

I always flip them bright lights in the trailer up so my trailer stays dark, cools it down a lil unless ur in one those 53' metal train trailers.

Sent using BrownCafe App