The Canada Report.

rod

Retired 22 years
its at all time highs here. 1.75 a litre. thats 15 cents more than the previous high. glad i got a scion ia; i suspect its about 1 generation ahead of all the other gas cars in terms of mpg.
Does it have all the bells and whistles?

rickyb

Ain’t on par with any Subaru I’ve ridden in.
That subarus can be pretty quick.
bc subarus come with awd they have to be slow to get better mpg. thats my theory on their business model. the new imprezas have the old style lights too (which i like) and it saves them money

when i look at the subarus CR chose to test the impreza, crosstrek, legacy, forester, they are all between 9 to 10 seconds. i think CR picks these versions of these cars based on the versions they expect consumers to buy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Toronto Sun reports the penalty would be the first of its kind in Canada and would apply to unvaccinated residents without a medical exemption.

PM Legault of Quebec told reporters in Montreal the “health contribution” is necessary because about 10 percent of adult Quebecers aren’t vaccinated, but they represent about half of all patients in intensive care.

So more than half are vaxed and in ICU.
That does not put much faith in the vax.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The Toronto Sun reports the penalty would be the first of its kind in Canada and would apply to unvaccinated residents without a medical exemption.

PM Legault of Quebec told reporters in Montreal the “health contribution” is necessary because about 10 percent of adult Quebecers aren’t vaccinated, but they represent about half of all patients in intensive care.

It’s a great place to test all the experimental medicines.

rickyb

A tax for not being vaxed.
i disagree with this bc it reminds me too much of the american system.

their argument is unvaccinated are filling up hospitals with corona. which is to say people making certain decisions are filling up hospitals and are more expensive.

but ive already thought about this argument in relation to the US healthcare system and extreme sports. in america, if you love to do extreme sports and sometimes getting hurt as i do, you pay more for healthcare because youre considered a bigger risk. but this is not freedom. you should be free to pursue extreme sports and get healthcare regardless of your income and not go into debt if you need treatment. maybe you should also be free to not get vaccinated and get healthcare and not pay a tax. however, i do feel a tax should be applied on things like junk food, gas, to account for their true price since the market fails to do this. ralph nader says tax what we dont like.

my dad is in the matrix. so hes unable to look at things with more than 1 perspective. so he blames anti vaccers for overloading the hospital. however another way of looking at it which i thought (@UnionStrong ) of is the 40 years or whatever of saying govt is not the answer has left canadian hospitals unprepared for pandemics, so now were overloaded (if we even are).

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Why aren’t the infected vaxed paying a tax?

rickyb

if 10% arent vaccinated, then they should only make 10% of ppl in icu bc of corona right?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

their argument is unvaccinated are filling up hospitals with corona. which is to say people making certain decisions are filling up hospitals and are more expensive.

but ive already thought about this argument in relation to the US healthcare system and extreme sports. in america, if you love to do extreme sports and sometimes getting hurt as i do, you pay more for healthcare because youre considered a bigger risk. but this is not freedom. you should be free to pursue extreme sports and get healthcare regardless of your income and not go into debt if you need treatment. maybe you should also be free to not get vaccinated and get healthcare and not pay a tax. however, i do feel a tax should be applied on things like junk food, gas, to account for their true price since the market fails to do this. ralph nader says tax what we dont like.

my dad is in the matrix. so hes unable to look at things with more than 1 perspective. so he blames anti vaccers for overloading the hospital. however another way of looking at it which i thought (@UnionStrong ) of is the 40 years or whatever of saying govt is not the answer has left canadian hospitals unprepared for pandemics, so now were overloaded (if we even are).
Do I detect a faint capitalist heartbeat?

Box Ox

You did read the article I linked you to on Monday regarding US versus Canadian hospital capacity, yes? They are not the same or even similar as you still insisted in your response to it. Glad the facts seem to be getting through to you now.