The Cultural Contradiction of Liberalism

wkmac

How would the Canidate of your choice come to power w/o all three of those qualities ?...:wink2:
and why does the Right applaud the SCOTUS decsion for equating Massive corperations to individuals ?

As to the first, I'd not be voting as I'd abolish the state itself so the natural course of action would resolve that problem on both counts!
:wink2:

As to the 2nd, maybe you should ask someone on the right to begin with for that answer!
:peaceful:

The courts are just following a long established trend regardless of party control and I see nothing that will signal a let up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
'Oh I meant to mention props to morluck for getting all ghetto and hip-hop with the "beeatch". Kinda like Michael Steele tryin' to "hang with the homey's" and Michelle Bachman's, "you da man" to Michael Steele, but it's good to see them keep trying.:happy-very: '

Only trying to get the word past the censors!

bbsam

Staff member
liberal_brain.jpg

Republican "in the Wilderness" art. Devoid of any truth or accuracy but still an important piece of historical evidence while piecing together the dramatic death throes of a once proud and important political party.

diesel96

you keep trying to drum up some republican boogey man hiding in the shadows far from the campfire while your democratic feet lie in the fire and burn brightly.

What ! Can't hear ya, turn on the speaker phone . You sound all muffled inside that republican bubble dome....

This was found in Rush Lindbaughs rectum flushed out by an enima...
, also known affectionately as the God & Oil Party (GOP) is a division of Halliburton and a subsidiary of the Federalist Society, formerly known as the Federal Government of the United States. Its main function is to boost the sales of Israeli flag lapel pins and magnets. As of 2007, despite receiving a good ol' Texas 'thumpin' it is one of the largest misanthropic organizations in the world. Well known for its Ultra-Orthodox Jewish-Leninist practice of democratic centrism, in which no party member is allowed to disagree with the central organization. In fact I knew a guy who tried to disagree once. They later found his dead body floating in the Potomac River. His corpse displayed signs of torture and wild violation. This causes Republicans great stress and results in bi-weekly mass Republican orgies in Washington, DC.

As to the first, I'd not be voting as I'd abolish the state itself so the natural course of action would resolve that problem on both counts!

So, we would become one big massive "Lord of the Flies" community ? We all know how the book ended, right ?

As to the 2nd, maybe you should ask someone on the right to begin with for that answer!

I must be wearing ortho-pedic shoes, cause I stand corrected...:happy-very:

The courts are just following a long established trend regardless of party control and I see nothing that will signal a let up.

av8torntn

and why does the Right applaud the SCOTUS decsion for equating Massive corperations to individuals ?

Well my guess is because the Constitution clearly says Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech. There is clearly no exception for a group of individuals versus an individual. So if you believe that this nation is defined by it's Constitution like many on the right do then of course you would applaud when the courts beat back an overly oppressive government. There are many like myself that believe that our Constitution limits our government and protects certain rights. One of these rights is the freedom of speech. Our federal government was clearly prohibited from limiting speech in the Constitution and the courts got it right in this ruling although the did not go far enough in my opinion.

The real question is why are those on the left so up in arms about regaining a little freedom of speech. Could it be that they really do hate this country? I really do not know but one thing that I have noticed in my short life is the more freedoms people lose the more they seem to fear freedom.

I for one stand up and applaud the courts for giving back just a little of what should have been ours all along.

diesel96

Well my guess is because the Constitution clearly says Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech. There is clearly no exception for a group of individuals versus an individual. So if you believe that this nation is defined by it's Constitution like many on the right do then of course you would applaud when the courts beat back an overly oppressive government. There are many like myself that believe that our Constitution limits our government and protects certain rights. One of these rights is the freedom of speech. Our federal government was clearly prohibited from limiting speech in the Constitution and the courts got it right in this ruling although the did not go far enough in my opinion.

The real question is why are those on the left so up in arms about regaining a little freedom of speech. Could it be that they really do hate this country? I really do not know but one thing that I have noticed in my short life is the more freedoms people lose the more they seem to fear freedom.

I for one stand up and applaud the courts for giving back just a little of what should have been ours all along.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country.”
~ Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Logan. November 12, 1816

The left wing is afraid of big corporations, the right wing is afraid of big government. While we bicker they are merging into one and the same, when are we going to wake up and stand together? If not now, then when?

If the founding fathers were alive today I think its a pretty fair bet they would be calling for a separation of corporations and state.

av8torntn

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country.”
~ Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Logan. November 12, 1816

The left wing is afraid of big corporations, the right wing is afraid of big government. While we bicker they are merging into one and the same, when are we going to wake up and stand together? If not now, then when?

If the founding fathers were alive today I think its a pretty fair bet they would be calling for a separation of corporations and state.

If we had a small government they would not have the means to prop up a large corporation.

wkmac

So, we would become one big massive "Lord of the Flies" community ? We all know how the book ended, right ?

Let's see, there's an atomic war, plane goes down on remote island and the survivors decide to re-create their own version of the State by appointing I think it was Ralph? From there it devolved into conflict as varying interests resorted to violence and manipulations to obtain group power or create a competing power and this proves the "no ruler" philosophy is the root at fault? I see your point, the logic of your thinking is overwhelming. I'm truly impressed.

I stand corrected and see the error of my previously faulted thinking. I've been saved!

Seeing that man created States tend to be followed with it's own created chaos and violence, to see the same approach attempted "AGAIN" and the results that followed are not a surprise. Maybe they'd have been better served had they followed the advice of Roderick Long:

“The most succinct formulation of libertarianism I can think of is this: Other people are not your property.”

“In other words: They are not yours to boss around. Their lives are not yours to micromanage. The fruits of their labour are not yours to dispose of. It doesn’t matter how wise or marvelous or useful it would be for other people to do whatever it is you’d like them to do. It is none of your business whether they wear their seatbelts, worship the right god, have sex with the wrong people, or engage in market transactions that irritate you. Their choices are not yours to direct. They are human beings like yourself, your equals under Natural Law. You possess no legitimate authority over them. As long as they do not themselves step over the line and start treating other people as their property, you have no moral basis for initiating violence against them ‘ nor for authorising anyone else to do so on your behalf.”

BTW: I understand to some the word libertarianism is a tainted word and there is an arguement there but in place of the word in the quote above, use the terms natural law or natural liberty and it still works just as well. Maybe it works better as it removes a bit of political stain as people can't distinguish between "L"ibertarianism and "l"ibertarianism as the former is a political movement and the latter is a individual mindset. I prefer the latter always.