The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
From what I understand they will force from the bottom up as needed. You will have to call in sick I guess. Unreal.

That would be the Black Friday of old. We're all working this year. Atlanta thinks getting the dozen or so residentials we might have out of the way before peak will be worth the money it'll cost em to have us all out there.

Let us all chortle as we punch them square in the pocket book, our bellies full of tryptophan. I'm predicting an 11 hour day. Black Friday might put an unexpected go-cart under my little boys' Christmas tree this year.

Sent using a Potato

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I heard this too...that 804 will not be forced to move ground on black friday...only air.

Here's to a friendly bet, 804 drivers will "attempt" to deliver ground on Black Friday.

I can't help but chuckle that some locals might attempt to circumvent a company wide directive like working on the day after Thanksgiving yet, expect the rest of us to be empathetic to their TeamCare woes.

We're all in this "together", right?

Sent using a Potato

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would be the Black Friday of old. We're all working this year. Atlanta thinks getting the dozen or so residentials we might have out of the way before peak will be worth the money it'll cost em to have us all out there.

After the regional failure of this past Peak this move is good PR and will (slightly) soften the blow on Monday.

Z

ZQXC

Working that Friday is nothing more than showmanship by this company, and the result will be almost insignificant against the deluge of volume to follow.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
After the regional failure of this past Peak this move is good PR and will (slightly) soften the blow on Monday.
It's been my experience that Monday isn't the problem that week but Tuesday through Friday. But hey if it makes the brain trust in Atlanta feel like they have a handle on the problem by doing a stupid PR move, I'll just take their money and complain all the way to the bank.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's been my experience that Monday isn't the problem that week but Tuesday through Friday. But hey if it makes the brain trust in Atlanta feel like they have a handle on the problem by doing a stupid PR move, I'll just take their money and complain all the way to the bank.

I wonder how much of a role, if any, amazon played in this decision.

Z

ZQXC

The first day in December when the volume exceeds our single day capacity we will be right back in the same pile of muck.