The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
tumblr_lpdfe29tQq1qleo4jo1_400.gif
images-16.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like no one read the contract before they voted.you know how hard we had to work to get that day off, we went on strike that is how hard. Next time read before you vote.

There was no mention of this in any of the contract proposals or supplements. UPS waited until the contract was "ratified" (imposed) to announce this.

porkwagon

There was no mention of this in any of the contract proposals or supplements. UPS waited until the contract was "ratified" (imposed) to announce this.
Of course they waited. Text book UPS bombshell drop. Reminds me of when they more than doubled the weight limit from 70 to 150 lbs not long after a contract signing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS waited until the contract was "ratified" (imposed) to announce this.

Breaking News....

They are in the business to make money.

I hope you (or anyone) don't consider them "friends"

Employees, are just that. (management and hourly)

Where do employees, fit in with their economic plan ??

One guess.... nowhere.

-Bug-

Last edited:
Write this down In your notbook, BC! Ive gotta Package, agrees with Upstate,on this issue! Exactly the same as when they raised the weight limit, from 70 lbs to 150 lbs. They waited until we signed the contract, then they boosted the weight limit!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Write this down In your notbook, BC! Ive gotta Package, agrees with Upstate,on this issue! Exactly the same as when they raised the weight limit, from 70 lbs to 150 lbs. They waited until we signed the contract, then they boosted the weight limit!
And they're doing the same thing now with Black Friday? Did some locals strike when they pulled that weight increase?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The provisions of working holidays have always been in the contract. The only holiday that we won't work (according the contract) is Labor Day. All the other holidays are in play.

The provisions of working holidays have always been in the contract. The only holiday that we won't work (accordinig to the contract) is Labor Day. All the other holidays are in play.
Im just not sure how many days they can make you work. When I was hired I was a monday - friday driver. The next contract or 2 they changed the wording. I believe to, you are either a M-friend driver. or Tue - Sat.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its still an easy day to work though. Easiest day of the year and you get paid like a son of a gun with holiday and time and a half all day. Always work easy days like that cause more money equals more toys lmfao.

By The Book

guess this has come up here before.. i dont come here much anymore,, seems every post degenerates into a pissing contest. Still, what a shame to lose that day
I'm fortunate, that with my seniority I always take that week as a vacation week. I have not always had the seniority to do this, but it sure payed off this year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Its still an easy day to work though. Easiest day of the year and you get paid like a son of a gun with holiday and time and a half all day. Always work easy days like that cause more money equals more toys lmfao.
It's not going to be an easy day if they include ground! It'll be a regular blownout day like the day after any other holiday.