The day sort doesn't have a shop steward...

who_better_than_me

So this Wednesday morning when I got ready to clock into work to start loading I had got stopped to sign a paper for a mis-scan. I been loading for almost 5 years and I've never had a misscan. How is a loader at fault for a misscan if multiple loaders were in that trailer where the mis-scan happened. I stupidly reluctantly signed it because typically when I see loaders sign for that stuff I never see any disciplinary action enforced. Well my tool sup decides to write me up for it and bring in what I thought was a ship steward huge tells me there is no shop steward for that sort shift yet(day shift is new just stared in September) so he had the most senior person in the shift their and this guy isn't door say :censored2:. He as just their to be their. Cuz I had questions and concerns and all he did was look with a straight face.

I'm pissed because it wasn't even the trailer I was assigned to. They said they could look at the time stamp to determine who was at fault but didn't break down that process to me. I'm the best loader on my sort, I get the biggest volumed trailer. So whenever I'm done and come out my trailer at the end of the shift to help out other trailers I only load irregs cuz that's all that left. So I get flagged for the misscan of a bag in which I tell em I didn't scan bags in any other trailers but the one i was assigned to. I told them To check the record/report and that I only scNned two irregs in the trailer they're accusing me of. They look and see they see the irregs packages I'm talking but also see the misscan. And i ask how do you see a misscan and whose responsible for that. I told him that could've happened after I left the trailer because it's only two to three ppl at the end of the shift once they start sending ppl home and the cart driver ways bring Missorts well after we're all clocked out leaving the supervisors to handle for them. But we know it's never the supervisors fault.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So this Wednesday morning when I got ready to clock into work to start loading I had got stopped to sign a paper for a mis-scan. I been loading for almost 5 years and I've never had a misscan. How is a loader at fault for a misscan if multiple loaders were in that trailer where the mis-scan happened. I stupidly reluctantly signed it because typically when I see loaders sign for that stuff I never see any disciplinary action enforced. Well my tool sup decides to write me up for it and bring in what I thought was a ship steward huge tells me there is no shop steward for that sort shift yet(day shift is new just stared in September) so he had the most senior person in the shift their and this guy isn't door say :censored2:. He as just their to be their. Cuz I had questions and concerns and all he did was look with a straight face.

I'm kissed because it want even the trailer I was addis her too. They said they could look at the time stamp to determine who was at fault but didn't break down that process to me. I'm the best loader on my sort so get the big test volumes trailer so when income out my trailer at the end of the shift to help out other trailers I only load irregs cuz that's all that left. So I get flaggedfor the misscan if a bag in which I tell em I didn't scan bagged in any other trailers but the only i was assigned to. I told the. To check the record and that I only scNned two irregs in the trailer they're accusing me of. They look and see they see the irregs packages I'm talking but also see the misscan. And i ask how do you see a misscan and whose responsible for that. I told him that could've happened after I left the trailer because it's only two to three ppl at the end of the shift once they start sending ppl home and the cart driver ways bring Missorts well after we're all clocked out leaving the supervisors to handle for them. But we know it's never the supervisors fault.

Did you read this before you hit post reply? Seriously, is this English?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I'm :censored2: because it wasn't even the trailer I was assigned to. They said they could look at the time stamp to determine who was at fault but didn't break down that process to me. I'm the best loader on my sort, I get the biggest volumed trailer. So whenever I'm done and come out my trailer at the end of the shift to help out other trailers I only load irregs cuz that's all that left. So I get flagged for the misscan of a bag in which I tell em I didn't scan bags in any other trailers but the one i was assigned to. I told them To check the record/report and that I only scNned two irregs in the trailer they're accusing me of. They look and see they see the irregs packages I'm talking but also see the misscan. And i ask how do you see a misscan and whose responsible for that. I told him that could've happened after I left the trailer because it's only two to three ppl at the end of the shift once they start sending ppl home and the cart driver ways bring Missorts well after we're all clocked out leaving the supervisors to handle for them. But we know it's never the supervisors fault.
Walls of text? I'm out after the second sentence....you really need to learn to summarize.

CHALLY9TX

If you have no steward then call the union hall. You have multiple grievances to file. You've been at UPD 5 years and still don't know how the process works. Come on man.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why would you sign anything without a steward or union rep present? Whether your sort has a steward or not...you are still entitled to union representation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP----ignore the simpleminded.

You cannot be disciplined for the work performed by another employee using equipment that is in your name.

This is a very simple grievance.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To the OP----ignore the simpleminded.

You cannot be disciplined for the work performed by another employee using equipment that is in your name.

This is a very simple grievance.
I know when to ask for my steward....yeah I'm simpleminded. Someone hits you with their car on the clock and you don't ask their name...:rofl: