quad decade guy

The medical examiner who did the autopsy was just a witness and the prosecution never asked him what the cause of death was. The prosecution had other experts testify but none of them looked at the body. It was just their opinions from looking at videos. Not good for the prosecution.
Because they aren't sure!

And there's that pesky health and drug use thing.......

If they could find unbiased jurors....this thing would be over.

oldngray

nowhere special
Deafening silence from the media about the case falling apart. Certainly if the prosecution had done anything to help their case there would have been endless headlines.

oldngray

nowhere special
Btw, anyone catch that part where the prosecution had their witness explain that fentanyl didn't kill Floyd because of his high fentanyl tolerance? Me neither. Lol.
Prosecution really didn't want to put the medical examiner who did the autopsy on the stand but they had no choice. They tried to confuse the issue with a string of witnesses that gave their opinions from what they saw on video but none examined the body themselves. Defense can counter with their own witnesses next week but none of them have the weight of the medical examiner. The ME stated there was no damage to Floyd's neck and back which seriously damages the prosecutions case.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Prosecution really didn't want to put the medical examiner who did the autopsy on the stand but they had no choice. They tried to confuse the issue with a string of witnesses that gave their opinions from what they saw on video but none examined the body themselves. Defense can counter with their own witnesses next week but none of them have the weight of the medical examiner. The ME stated there was no damage to Floyd's neck and back which seriously damages the prosecutions case.

It would have helped the prosecution's case to downplay the role of the drugs in Floyd's death, along with trying to claim that the physical trauma caused by the restraint technique did cause the death. The fact that tolerance never came up suggests that the idea is so absurd that even the prosecution couldn't pursue it. And their entire case is highly absurd, so they don't shy away from nonsense very quickly.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Someone should start a neck restraint challenge on social media to help increase awareness of the dangers faced by law enforcement officers everywhere.

Then, someone else could start an 8 mg fentanyl challenge to... kill a bunch of people, I guess?