The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

MAKAVELI

Wrong. Corporate America will not have to accept lower profits. Corporations are in business to make money not give more of it away. These cost get passed on to consumers as well as every other cost, ie taxes. Raising minimum wage for unskilled entry level jobs will do nothing. Just look at what UPS does, the more money they pay us, they increase shipping rates, increase work on us, decrease time for us to do it, and have fewer full time jobs. It's called free market. Do you think it would be fair for the government to tell you that you make too much money?

M

MenInBrown

Both my ex and I make a good living; in fact, she makes more than I do, which is something I had a hard time admitting during our marriage. We have two kids---a boy and a girl---and our combined incomes meant that they could choose wherever they wanted to go to school. College was not an issue as we had the means and they had the ability to attend.

My son had a classmate who was also a teammate on his sports teams. Donnie came from a single-parent household and as such his options for post-secondary education were much more limited. Had it not been for financial aid, scholarships and loans, college would not have been a option for him. He overcame this financial hurdle and now he creates smartphone apps for a living.
I see Donnie was obviously a great person and also had a great parent. He overcame the financial burden of an education, but my point is he did it. He made the decision to get the loans, financial aid, and scholarships through determination. Probably wanting to have a better life. Just because you can afford to send your kid to a "better" school does not mean they will use their education better than someone that goes to a community college. Look at how many people that have been very successful with no college. You either have the drive to be something or end up as nothing. Where did your son go to school?

rod

Retired 22 years
Both my ex and I make a good living; in fact, she makes more than I do, which is something I had a hard time admitting during our marriage. We have two kids---a boy and a girl---and our combined incomes meant that they could choose wherever they wanted to go to school. College was not an issue as we had the means and they had the ability to attend.

My son had a classmate who was also a teammate on his sports teams. Donnie came from a single-parent household and as such his options for post-secondary education were much more limited. Had it not been for financial aid, scholarships and loans, college would not have been a option for him. He overcame this financial hurdle and now he creates smartphone apps for a living.

???? wierd

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eme-democrats-as-more-bipartisan/?tid=rssfeed

1-25-2014_07.png

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A better question is who do all the welfare takers support? It isn't the GOP.

OH boy, you had to go there. I guess you havent spent much time in current events or you wouldnt have said this... Oh well, time for a reminder I guess.. Let me bring you up to speed where all the WELFARE money goes by states.... I think youll be surprised, but then again, Maybe not.

Your beloved RED STATES are the welfare queens of the country.

http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are-welfare-queens-2011-8

Realbrown, better do some research. Dont sound like Moresomething or Choaks.

TOS.

M

MenInBrown

OH boy, you had to go there. I guess you havent spent much time in current events or you wouldnt have said this... Oh well, time for a reminder I guess.. Let me bring you up to speed where all the WELFARE money goes by states.... I think youll be surprised, but then again, Maybe not.

TOS.
I don't see the stat that the population plays in this. Please show more research scientist

upsgrunt

TOS.

2004?

island1fox

Ask him what he thinks the biggest problem at UPS is...

Jones,

REALLY ??

The biggest problem in UPS ??? That's what I stated ??

I certainly believe dishonesty --by whomever --is a major problem.:oops:
I know-- I made an observation--backed up by accurate numbers--took both sides of the issue --mentioned the plus and the minus --and asked for other examples !!

Really ???

island1fox

Good example of difference between many Liberals and Conservatives !!

Do not have an open and honest discussion about a topic -----just infer the person is just a "racist".
Throw the race card and ignore any facts and hard statistics --that makes you right ?? -or should I say LEFT ???

island1fox

I can't rate a post, have an avatar or comment in real time, but I'd like to say that neither the Republican or Democratic Parties are the same as they were 200 years ago.

But you knew that, I'm sure.

rr,

You do check what you post ??

Not the same as they were 200 hundred years ago ??

Did you by chance ever check --the "Democrat party" and the "Republican party" did not exist two hundred years ago ?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
rr,

You do check what you post ??

Not the same as they were 200 hundred years ago ??

Did you by chance ever check --the "Democrat party" and the "Republican party" did not exist two hundred years ago ?

The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. There is no such thing as the Democrat party. The Republican party was founded by people not at all like you in 1854.

I figured that since your posts contain no facts, a few years leeway would not be a big deal.

I will be happy to stick strictly to proven, verifiable, FACTS if you do the same.

The Democratic party is only 186 years old, and in no way resembles the Democratic Party of the 19th century. The Republican party of the late 20th and early 21st century in no way resembles it's past, either.

Last edited by a moderator: