The Dreaded Exception Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

I was expecting to receive an engagement ring I purchased from overstock today, but woke up to the lovely exception status. Apparently, my package was left at a facility in Columbus, OH and I am about an hour away in Cincinnati. I attempted to chat with a CSR online and got basic automated, almost bot-like, responses. I'm planning to pop the question tomorrow, but I'm started to doubt whether I'll have it on time or not.

Is this a somewhat normal thing? Just curious of the workings of an organization this large.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
It happens. Not normal but mistakes occur. Which is why the status is called an Exception - something out of the ordinary caused a delay. My guess is you will get it delivered tomorrow. Its not that far away from you but in another city and is unlikely to get moved anywhere until tonight when a load goes from Columbus to Cincinnati.

J

jibbs

Packages get left behind often, and for a variety of reasons. This is what popped up for your tracking number, just for the benefit of anyone else that stumbles into this thread (I may've butchered the formatting with this copy-and-paste):

Columbus, OH, United States 11/18/2014 5:28 A.M. We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

11/18/2014 12:48 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maumee, OH, United States
11/17/2014 10:04 P.M. Departure Scan

11/15/2014 3:01 P.M. Arrival Scan
Budd Lake, NJ, United States
11/15/2014 5:35 A.M. Departure Scan

11/15/2014 3:09 A.M. Arrival Scan
Parsippany, NJ, United States 11/15/2014
2:42 A.M. Departure Scan

11/15/2014 12:54 A.M. Arrival Scan
New York, NY, United States 11/14/2014
11:15 P.M. Departure Scan

11/14/2014 8:22 P.M. Origin Scan
11/14/2014 5:44 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 11/14/2014 11:45 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Did you pay for next day air/express shipping? If so, I do believe you may be entitled to a shipping refund, provided the package doesn't arrive by the end of the business day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Packages get left behind often, and for a variety of reasons. This is what popped up for your tracking number, just for the benefit of anyone else that stumbles into this thread (I may've butchered the formatting with this copy-and-paste):

Columbus, OH, United States 11/18/2014 5:28 A.M. We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

2:42 A.M. Departure Scan

Did you pay for next day air/express shipping? If so, I do believe you may be entitled to a shipping refund, provided the package doesn't arrive by the end of the business day.

It has 03 service class which is ground.

Thebrownstreak

I was expecting to receive an engagement ring I purchased from overstock today, but woke up to the lovely exception status. Apparently, my package was left at a facility in Columbus, OH and I am about an hour away in Cincinnati. I attempted to chat with a CSR online and got basic automated, almost bot-like, responses. I'm planning to pop the question tomorrow, but I'm started to doubt whether I'll have it on time or not.

Is this a somewhat normal thing? Just curious of the workings of an organization this large.
I would delete this post.... someone could change the delivery to someplace else

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jibbs

It has 03 service class which is ground.

Nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I would delete this post.... someone could change the delivery to someplace else

Would you mind explaining how I-- I mean how a person would go about doing that?

Joshua

Looks like I gave myself an additional by creating this post to begin with. Ha.

I appreciate the info, you guys.

J

jibbs

Unsure of how to do so...new to the forum.

Bruh, I've been here for years it feels like and I still can't delete posts. I don't think you can on this forum.

You can edit all day, every day, though.

Looks like I gave myself an additional by creating this post to begin with. Ha.

I appreciate the info, you guys.

You'll be alright. We just pretend to be dickbags most of the time.

Joshua

Bruh, I've been here for years it feels like and I still can't delete posts. I don't think you can on this forum.

You can edit all day, every day, though.

You'll be alright. We just pretend to be dickbags most of the time.

Ha. Heard and noted.

upschuck

If you want it early tomorrow, I would sign up for mychoice, and request will call, and you can pick up when counter opens. Otherwise you will get it probably late pm. Only do this if package is not at UPS center it is delivered out of or that could cause a delay. This is assuming it is in a one day travel time to you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

2:42 A.M.
Departure Scan

Tiffany's? Very nice, OP.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Never mind about the ring. Answer this:

How is she with money?

Can she cook, clean, and do laundry?

Does she let you be boss, or does she try to control everything?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Congratulations! Your ring will more than likely be there tomorrow, however my family lives in Akron and are posting :censored2:ty snow pictures so it may be delayed again. My Choice is free and you would probably be better served to will call it. Ground deliveries to home addresses are end of day so it could be as early as 1pm or as late as 9pm. Most will calls are open by 10 am. And the UPS Store is not a will call center. It's an outside company that UPS owns but is operated like a McDonalds franchise. It confuses the hell out of people but they're actually an outside business. Their paychecks still have Mail Boxes ETC on them. I hope you get the ring and don't have to change plans...however if you do, enjoy the evening anyway with your bride to be and just pick another day to do it. Again, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.