The Fed Ex Credit Card

airbusfxr

The 777s are long range, high capacity, and dependable airliners. UPS has MD11s that were mothballed in the desert. FDX has managers that manage the business end, and FDX is an airline with trucks. UPS on the other hand is a trucking company with airplanes, thus using managers that would not make it in the real world. Most uppers were just promoted to get them out of someone's operation that they were dragging down. It is sad to have worked here since '86 and see how many bad decisions over the years has cost UPS so much in lost revenue, lost business and lost productivity. UPS bought the 747-400 after years of people begging them to upgrade the fleet, but in reality the company waited to late and may not be able to keep up with FDX's visionary managers. FDX's stocsk is a prime example of how a business should be run. UPS stock is the same price it was in 1999, no splits, small dividends, and bad decisions.

beentheredonethat

Ok then since you know so much how much outstanding debt dose UPS and Fedex have?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=FDX&annual FDX shows Long term debt at 1.93 billion and total liabilities of 10.6 billion that was as of May 31 2009.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=UPS&annual UPS is showing Long term debt at 8.6 Billion and total liabilities of 24 Billion. This was as of Dec 31 2009.

Keep in mind, UPS has to buy package cars, FDX grd doesn't. FDX express tends to lease aircraft where UPS tends to buy aircraft. So differences like that will make us have more expenditures and therefore more debt.

Hawaii50

I own both UPS and FDX stock. I hold both long term. FDX is growing at lot faster pace then UPS. Pesonally I think eventually FDX will become the number 1 shipper in the world. When that happens my FDX holdings should pay off very well.

The 777s are long range, high capacity, and dependable airliners. UPS has MD11s that were mothballed in the desert. FDX has managers that manage the business end, and FDX is an airline with trucks. UPS on the other hand is a trucking company with airplanes, thus using managers that would not make it in the real world. Most uppers were just promoted to get them out of someone's operation that they were dragging down. It is sad to have worked here since '86 and see how many bad decisions over the years has cost UPS so much in lost revenue, lost business and lost productivity. UPS bought the 747-400 after years of people begging them to upgrade the fleet, but in reality the company waited to late and may not be able to keep up with FDX's visionary managers. FDX's stocsk is a prime example of how a business should be run. UPS stock is the same price it was in 1999, no splits, small dividends, and bad decisions.

You make life to easy. Lets just look at the brilliant commentary of your last sentence. The price of UPS stock-Everyone who has half a brain knows that all stocks go up and go down, I didn't hear too much of a complaint whe it was in the 70's. By the way, it's called buy low/sell high! No splits-and when was the last split for fedex, I'll make it easy for you...May of '99 soooo between the two, UPS had the last split. The dividend yield for UPS is 3.09% ($1.88/share). The dividend yield for Fedex is 0.63% (.48/share). Year to date price performance UPS +6.1%...Fedex -9.0% (All of these stats can be found on Scottrade today). I do have to agree with you on BAD DECISIONS....after all they hired you!

airbusfxr

I got a feeling I have provided customers with commitments that you will never be able do. I have made sure thousands of NDA, SDA, and Int planes have left on time, within guidelines of FAA rules and regulations. Along with my friends NO UPS AIRLINER has ever crashed, hull loss, or killed anyone. Millions of dollars of revenue have been generated, not squandered. OBTW this will continue no matter what you do, even though we have no contract.

airbusfxr

November 99 the day it split, doubled, and went public, so NO SPLIT ever for the open market. Thank goodness my hypo ended, I converted to B and moved on. I got a feeling UPSCO got a good deal with me (and my experience) and I would say my Div Mgr would agree. Now my going without a raise since 2005 is another issue.

What do you not understand about the word split. A stock split is a stock split and it does'nt matter whether the company is public or private. What is your total compensation per hour with all benefits included in comparison to the industry standard?