The Four CoarseWomen of the Apocalypse

El Correcto

god is dead
Every single oath administered and accepted from the president to each member in congress ends in “So help me God.”
There can be no mistakes when reciting the oath and accepting its terms.
No substitutions can be made
Since God is a Christian term and those of the Islamic faith do not accept a Christian god, then just how do they accept the oath and uphold it? Just how do they propose to uphold the oath based on a lie?
Riddle me this...
You’re ridiculous. Welcome to the clown show.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
“The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article VI, clause 3

FFS

Right here in black and white

I didn’t write it

Every member must take it and recite it word for word and accept it

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

It will be fine

Right here in black and white

I didn’t write it

Every member must take it and recite it word for word and accept it

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."
So the founders were wrong when they wrote “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States?”

gman042

So the founders were wrong when they wrote “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States?”

Read the oath
What does it say

Hmmm

Please enlighten me

God was mentioned everywhere in the foundation of this nation and has slowly been weeded out by offended parties.
But yet

It still remains in every oath administered from the president on down the line all throughout the government

gman042

This is where you are wrong, not in what the oath says. Hope this helps.

An oath is a promise
If you take an oath and promise to do something and yet disagree with a fundamental portion of said oath then the promise is a lie and is invalid

Did you never cross you fingers behind your back when making a promise?

Hope this helps

It will be fine

Read the oath
What does it say

Hmmm

Please enlighten me

God was mentioned everywhere in the foundation of this nation and has slowly been weeded out by offended parties.
But yet

It still remains in every oath administered from the president on down the line all throughout the government
So help me god wasn’t added until 1862, so you’re again wrong on it remaining since the founding. The constitution says there shall not be a religious test but you think you know better. I’m unclear why you think you’re correct and the founders were wrong.

vantexan

Pelosi’s home state runs a surplus. Requesting asylum is a legal form of entry to our country. What member of Congress wasn’t sworn in? Please continue, I love watching fools step on rakes.
Asylum is being used as a loophole to gain entry. Big difference from those in real need of asylum. And rather than hold them until their court case is adjudicated the Dems want to release them into the general population where they often disappear. And are working illegally. Why aren't Dems upholding the law and protecting our country?

It will be fine

Asylum is being used as a loophole to gain entry. Big difference from those in real need of asylum. And rather than hold them until their court case is adjudicated the Dems want to release them into the general population where they often disappear. And are working illegally. Why aren't Dems upholding the law and protecting our country?
Dems aren’t in charge. Asylum claims are still legal. What are you crying about?

vantexan

“The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article VI, clause 3

FFS
They were protecting the citizenry from a state religion as in Catholic or Baptist or whatever. They weren't anti-Christian.