The Four CoarseWomen of the Apocalypse

El Correcto

god is dead
I

I live in the North and my Southern Flag has flown at NASCAR in NH without any issues arising.
I live in the south, I don’t consider that the southern flag.
upload_2019-7-16_11-50-28.jpeg

This is my flag.

newfie

The amount of written and recorded history during the formative days of the nation is limited therefore you really can't say that they were ALL religious people. In addition America has never had and never will have an official state religion and God can be whatever you want it to be.
I once made a delivery to a small town Methodist church. Out of the parsonage walks the motorcycle fanatic minister dressed head to toe in Harley motorcycle leathers and gear on his way to a biker rally. He said to me: "On this nice day you should be out riding your bike". My answer: 'Yeah, I have bike, I don't worship it I just ride it. In fact pal I have to wonder just exactly what it is you actually worship, God or the internal combustion engine? Or is the internal combustion engine your God'?
That clueless poorly educated clown of a minister just stood there with that shot in the nuts look on his face. I made a fool out of him and he knew it. True religious conviction was totally absent with this guy. It was just an easy job. I saw a year or so ago where the Methodist Conference had taken him out of that assignment but I don't know if they sent him someplace else or simply got rid of him.

you cant be passionate about riding a bike and the ministry?

bbsam

Staff member
I admit I didn't hear all his remarks but the fact that he called out the Squat Squad based on their public criticisms of the USA didn't seem racial to me.
I don't know if there were other remarks he made that you are referring to ... I was out of town and never turned on a TV last Saturday, Sunday or Yesterday until I got back home.
My basis for this thread was made after reading the news on my iPhone during travel.
I know you are eaten up with TDS but fairly logical elsewise.
Does he tell white male critics to go back to where they come from?

bacha29

you cant be passionate about riding a bike and the ministry?
Such as "The Blessing Of The Bikes"? How do you bless a manufactured machine that is comprised of metal alloys? Some Catholic churches in my area staged what was nothing more than a bike rally calling it ":The Blessing of the Bikes". Another Methodist church also on my route about 50 miles from the one I mentioned earlier held the same event. Afterward I brought up the same issue that I did with the other church minister. This minister's response: "I hated it along with the other gimmicks, shows and staged entertainment we have to host these days but it's the only way we can get people to come. It's not about faith and spirituality these days. It all has to be entertainment driven".

newfie

Such as "The Blessing Of The Bikes"? How do you bless a manufactured machine that is comprised of metal alloys? Some Catholic churches in my area staged what was nothing more than a bike rally calling it ":The Blessing of the Bikes". Another Methodist church also on my route about 50 miles from the one I mentioned earlier held the same event. Afterward I brought up the same issue that I did with the other church minister. This minister's response: "I hated it along with the other gimmicks, shows and staged entertainment we have to host these days but it's the only way we can get people to come. It's not about faith and spirituality these days. It all has to be entertainment driven".

God wants our ministers to be out with the people sharing their hobbies and interests. the idea that a minister should only slave away in a church somewhere is a bit draconian.

I think to make your argument you have to start with a hatred of the church and then fill in the blanks with your criticism.

bacha29

Can you highlight which white critics who hate America are refugees from other countries? Who should he tell to go back to satisfy your racial fetish?
God wants our ministers to be out with the people sharing their hobbies and interests. the idea that a minister should only slave away in a church somewhere is a bit draconian.

I think to make your argument you have to start with a hatred of the church and then fill in the blanks with your criticism.
Right. Hobbies and interests. I was raised in the old Methodist church. Back then there were disciplines, there were bylaws and convictions . It's like I told a Christian Missionary Alliance preacher not long ago. "Today's organized religion is nothing more than a life style friendly, works based only denominational affiliation that stands for nothing and what few disciplines that do exist are selectively enforced depending on who you are and how much money you put in the collection plate. It's not a ministry.....It's an enterprise.

newfie

If she were white and a not a Muslim yet held the same political views would you still call her "ungrateful"?

absolutely . americans have always welcomed refugees and immigrants of other countries. we do expect them to show gratitude for that welcome.

There is a deeper issue here at play with Omar that has not been discussed. Those who are zealots of Sharia law reject the ideals of the host nation and expect to implement their own ideals into that host much like a virus

bacha29

absolutely . americans have always welcomed refugees and immigrants of other countries. we do expect them to show gratitude for that welcome.

There is a deeper issue here at play with Omar that has not been discussed. Those who are zealots of Sharia law reject the ideals of the host nation and expect to implement their own ideals into that host much like a virus
Does that "show gratitude" you speak of include the conversion to Christianity?

newfie

Does that "show gratitude" you speak of include the conversion to Christianity?

thats a silly question. I have many muslim friends who are grateful for the opportunities that this country has provided them and become citizens as quickly as the country will allow .

they think Omar is nuts

bacha29

thats a silly question. I have many muslim friends who are grateful for the opportunities that this country has provided them and become citizens as quickly as the country will allow .

they think Omar is nuts
Then why are you singling her out from the rest? What is it about her that makes you so afraid of her and not your other Muslim friends? Do you live in the district she represents? Sixteen months from now let the voters of her district judge her performance.