The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I do not know if this is far fetched..B/C is a great resource for our Union members, any thoughts about it being taken over or partnering with the Teamsters.

O’Brien and his team are a lot more tech savvy than the old crew...it could be an asset especially with the next Contract a year away...

Just a thought..🤔
36B5C5D7-7BFF-4307-91B4-143C8C299F8A.gif

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Glad Matt was able to help. Thanks for all the help guys..

Let me know if there is anything I can do to keep it running smoothly until there is some sort of plan.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I do not know if this is far fetched..B/C is a great resource for our Union members, any thoughts about it being taken over or partnering with the Teamsters.

O’Brien and his team are a lot more tech savvy than the old crew...it could be an asset especially with the next Contract a year away...

Just a thought..🤔
I vote no
I haven’t seen any evidence of Teamsters being tech savvy
This needs to stay separate from ups or Teamsters
Have you looked at the teamsters website what a joke looks like a couple of high school kids put it together and maintain it

clean hairy

She gets a P.O. box we can send checks to?
Keeps scammers from creating bogus go fund me accounts...
Plus, 100% of the money goes direct to her.

Box Ox

I would pledge $50. ( as long as there was better moderation and make this forum more professional )

Most of the folks on BC are thick-skinned truck drivers. We can probably all agree to be nicer to the new people without making this place an English tea party.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I like the creativity though. If you have other ideas on how to keep the lights on, I like your thought processes.
I like that you've stepped up here man, I think you'd be a good fit, so I'll throw my two cents at you.

From what I've picked up the advertising either barely pays the bills or falls short. What about putting the ads on for users logged in? I know it's not that many users, but they probably have a lot more page views than the random visitor. Might make up the shortfall.

If that doesn't cover it, I don't see any way other than donations. Begging is not a sustainable model, but what about offering something in return?

Twitter has the blue check to verify your identity. We're anonymous for obvious reasons, but what if you got some kind of blue check equivalent by your username signifying you're a member who's a vested contributor to this site through donation/subscription. Maybe some other little perks like a larger or gif avatar, or limiting the ratings charm options for non donators.

Nothing to really restrict non donators because you don't want to run off new users, just a little something so people feel like they get something or get recognition for their donation.

Anyways, just some thoughts, thanks for stepping up man, I hope it works out.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If I can make a recommendation, look into locals/rumble. They have a system for monetizing community based websites. It's supposed to be available even for communities that aren't part of locals, they just take their cut. It may be a decent, maybe even low or no up front cost way to monetize the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.