The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Cheryl's daughter contacted me a little while ago and is still wanting the site to continue. Do we have anybody with the experience that wants to do it?
I don’t have the experience but would certainly be interested in possibly buying a share depending on a P&L report of some sort.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What I remember is certain members ganging up on new posters and running them off. That is what really killed numbers. Before Cheryl asked for help she had a heavier hand moderating. It got to where she couldn't do it by herself.
The site was awesome then!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yikes, this was Cheryl's baby. Maybe it's time to say goodbye...

We're very lucky it's still up. It REALLY could go down any time.
While this was her baby, I really think she’d want it to continue. Good or bad, it IS a valuable resource for UPSers looking for information. Even though she was “only” a UPS spouse and daughter, she obviously cared enough about UPSers to begin the site and continue it for so long.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Lots of energy, best effort, bad idea…

A lot of teenage pregnancies have come
From that recipe.
Where I’m from, if I get this website pregnant, there’s going to be a wedding shortly after. I promise we’ll be careful.

In all seriousness, though, the social aspect of this is going to be the biggest challenge, if it all works out.

Like @Operational needs mentioned below, I have experience both building and running websites. The technology aspect isn’t going to be an issue.

Handling people on the other hand?
There will need to be a shift in how I interact with people, because of the added responsibility and consequences if I handle situations poorly

I’m not going to pretend I like acting maturely, but I’ll do my part.

Where I’m from, if I get this website pregnant, there’s going to be a wedding shortly after. I promise we’ll be careful.

In all seriousness, though, the social aspect of this is going to be the biggest challenge, if it all works out.

Like @Operational needs mentioned below, I have experience both building and running websites. The technology aspect isn’t going to be an issue.

There will need to be a shift in how I interact with people, because of the added responsibility and consequences if I handle situations poorly

That might take another 20 years....
😂

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
With such a small user base. I can't see it being worthwhile to continue it?

Can that base be expanded?

Just my opinion, but I thought there were more participants before the site became heavily moderated?
The clowns chase away all the new members. The older members got disgusted and quit.
I'm just here for the laughs and idiocy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

No pressure….. you better not :censored2: it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.