The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We sometimes got a yearly gift if we had been active. Some of us retired, so we are not on as much. That was good enough for me. If I need to be on more I could, but my knowledge is five years old, so I only moderate what I know. I do know she hated personal attacks, vulgarity, and political attacks. And I wiill delete those all day long. I feel some people have been taking advantage of momma bear being gone, it will stop.

We sometimes got a yearly gift if we had been active. Some of us retired, so we are not on as much. That was good enough for me. If I need to be on more I could, but my knowledge is five years old, so I only moderate what I know. I do know she hated personal attacks, vulgarity, and political attacks. And I wiill delete those all day long. I feel some people have been taking advantage of momma bear being gone, it will stop.
If we want this place to survive we got to come together for all our differences on the side right now

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Its been pretty good that way for years

That's fine, if you have retirees running it. But if someone is going to take over that isn't just a corporate monstrosity, they will have to make an income somehow, and splitting between running a forum for free and working a full time plus job is asking a lot.

That's fine, if you have retirees running it. But if someone is going to take over that isn't just a corporate monstrosity, they will have to make an income somehow, and splitting between running a forum for free and working a full time plus job is asking a lot.
While we call make a place a little better like it used to be

I'm all for keeping the feel of the place, and believe it has a lot of potential for expansion. It's not what I would want to do for my job, but I'd like to invest and at least pitch ideas for the future of the site.
Young minds fresh ideas keeps things going.
I love Cheryl we went back and forth on anything but she is very open and very fair with me
The one idea I could not pitch was to keep new posters from starting a thread until they had a certain amount of time on here.
And in hindsight that would also keep some of the spammers that login and post some ridiculous crap here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Going rogue? Who is in charge of the mods, or are they independent entities wielding power at will?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well, you are correct but for now the daughter is running it. So ultimately it will be up to her. Most of us volunteered because of the fun, and the info the site provided. Ive been on here I think 15 yrs, maybe longer Im not sure. Seems like if she needs help there have been some reputable people, not saying I am one, that have offered to help. Thats what we need here. It may just continue on as is, None of us know, other than @scratch has been in contact with the daughter since the tragedy, and she said she wants to keep it going. Im sure she needs some time, to figure it out. I was hoping this thread could give her some help, if she needs it.

Well, you are correct but for now the daughter is running it. So ultimately it will be up to her. Most of us volunteered because of the fun, and the info the site provided. Ive been on here I think 15 yrs, maybe longer Im not sure. Seems like if she needs help there have been some reputable people, not saying I am one, that have offered to help. Thats what we need here. It may just continue on as is, None of us know, other than @scratch has been in contact with the daughter since the tragedy, and she said she wants to keep it going. Im sure she needs some time, to figure it out. I was hoping this thread could give her some help, if she needs it.
Many of us here would be willing to help in some capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.