the good things about brown

rod

Retired 22 years
I do this jobs for the "chick magnet" effect, forget the money.
Satellite, what about when you enter an office with new female employees or interns and they see you for the first time and give you a look like you're so cool. This is when you tell them, I'm married with children and don't mess it up.
:wink2:

sounds like someone is a legend in their own mind:happy2:

brown bomber

brown bomber
UPS is a GREAT job, some days as we all know SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!. But this job still rocks, think about how many times you have been aproached by some one asking about UPS, or just talking to you about how great our company is. The funny thing is that usually that person has never worked for UPS. One thing we can be thank full about is always having a good story for our spouce......"so I was making this delivery and then"....Im gonna write a book some day about my exploits.

brown bomber

brown bomber
provided your spouse is still awake, or in a discussing mood, when returning home from work @ 9:00PM..........the present day UPs (note small "s").........is nothing like the UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, that I started w/ in the 1970's

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Satellite, what about when you enter an office with new female employees or interns and they see you for the first time and give you a look like you're so cool. This is when you tell them, I'm married with children and don't mess it up.
I never have to say that, because it's written all over my face.
No traffic by the time I punch out. ;)
+1

provided your spouse is still awake, or in a discussing mood, when returning home from work @ 9:00PM..........the present day UPs (note small "s").........is nothing like the UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, that I started w/ in the 1970's
Very true, but as with everything in this life, it is what you make it.

satellitedriver

The other women in the office take care of that for me.
They cat fight over who saw me first.:happy-very:
Not.

D

Dis-organized Labor

These three events happened to me just yesterday.
Where else can you work at and have;
A three year old girl call you by name and give you a hug, in front of her parents.
A sixteen year old girl call out your name in the hallway of a High School and give you a hug, in front of the Principal's office.
A 80 year old woman tell you that you are the prettiest thing she has seen all day.
I wish I could claim these events came about by my dashing good looks and charming personality, but that is not the case.
The concept and perception of being a UPS man vs a mail carrier, or the Fedex person dawned on me just last week.
I took an option day last Tuesday and my wife and I drove around shopping and just getting away.
350 miles of just goofing off the day together.
Three times I heard some one say behind us when we were walking around;
"That's my UPS man."
" He is our UPS man".
The words " our" and " my" struck me.
-(those are possessive terms)-
In general, I only hear people say Fedex came by, or the mailman delivered this to me.
It maybe only a nuance, but it is a positive.

Sat:

Awesome comments!
My parents used to think UPS was part of the USPS and they highly regarded the Drivers.

UPS Package Car Drivers are still the most highly regarded people in the USA.

Your comments annotate that the "UPS GUY" (whether male or female) is an Entity; Soething Special; not just a "delivery".

Keep it up Boys and Girls!!!!~

705red

Browncafe Steward
These three events happened to me just yesterday.
Where else can you work at and have;
A three year old girl call you by name and give you a hug, in front of her parents.
A sixteen year old girl call out your name in the hallway of a High School and give you a hug, in front of the Principal's office.
A 80 year old woman tell you that you are the prettiest thing she has seen all day.
I wish I could claim these events came about by my dashing good looks and charming personality, but that is not the case.
The concept and perception of being a UPS man vs a mail carrier, or the Fedex person dawned on me just last week.
I took an option day last Tuesday and my wife and I drove around shopping and just getting away.
350 miles of just goofing off the day together.
Three times I heard some one say behind us when we were walking around;
"That's my UPS man."
" He is our UPS man".
The words " our" and " my" struck me.
-(those are possessive terms)-
In general, I only hear people say Fedex came by, or the mailman delivered this to me.
It maybe only a nuance, but it is a positive.

Wow, that sounds like a really small town, I take it that there are no men left and no optometrist. lol

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was at Walgreens on Monday and picked up 6 prescriptions for my son, all together it cost me $25 out of pocket, $25 thats it. The guy in front of me spent $180 on 1. I added up the prices for my sons presciptions and it was over $750 if I didnt have insurance.