The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Non liberal

If you were truly that worried about The future of our good jobs you would be prepared to help in the push to unionize Amazon. It’s coming, we have a better chance of organizing them then FedEx for reasons you don’t want to look into.
I have looked into it. I don’t understand the connection. I asked u to explain, but u can’t.

542thruNthru

If you were truly that worried about The future of our good jobs you would be prepared to help in the push to unionize Amazon. It’s coming, we have a better chance of organizing them then FedEx for reasons you don’t want to look into.
It's already here. O'Brien has even mentioned it on his calls.

Even UPS is on board and giving full support to the IBT. We've even had PCMs from our local about it.

Johney

I have looked into it. I don’t understand the connection. I asked u to explain, but u can’t.
FedEx is considered an airline not a trucking/freight carrier. So under the national railway act they can not strike. Kinda like air traffic controllers. So until FedEx is put onto the same playing field as UPS why waste time and money organizing. Good enough? At least that's my understanding.

542thruNthru

FedEx is considered an airline not a trucking/freight carrier. So under the national railway act they can not strike. Kinda like air traffic controllers. So until FedEx is put onto the same playing field as UPS why waste time and money organizing. Good enough? At least that's my understanding.
I could be wrong but the main issue is FedEx express has to be organized all at once. Meaning you can't organize one barn at a time like they usually do. The money and man power that would be needed to organize all of express at once makes it impossible.

Ground is a different story but they are contractors so if they organize one contractor FedEx just cuts the contract. Similar to Amazon.

Johney

I could be wrong but the main issue is FedEx express has to be organized all at once. Meaning you can't organize one barn at a time like they usually do. The money and man power that would be needed to organize all of express at once makes it impossible.

Ground is a different story but they are contractors so if they organize one contractor FedEx just cuts the contract. Similar to Amazon.
Ok you're probably right but I was more or less explaining the Railway act.

542thruNthru

Ok you're probably right but I was more or less explaining the Railway act.
Yep, because they are part of railway act and are classified as a airline that's why they can't be organized like normal.

If that's what you were getting at. Sorry haven't been reading the whole thing.

Last edited:

Johney

Yep, because they are not part of railway act and are classified as a airline that's why they can't be organized like normal.

If that's what you were getting at. Sorry haven't been reading the whole thing.
You'd probably know better than myself as you are more union active,but the Railway act does make it harder to strike correct?

MostHelpNeeded

Yeah, I guess it’s just a never ending river of cash that’ll just keep flowing into the bank accounts of teamsters everywhere because the company just wants to see us get rich.
Maybe this will make it sink in a little better...

Remember when liberals wanted to raise the minimum wage to $15/hr and conservatives complained it will just raise the price of everything? Well....They did, and it did. Simply putting it. Look around you, the cost of everything rises, and continues to do so. Why are you so against your pay keeping up?

Where I am, minimum wage was $7/hr in 2008. Top rate was $28/hr.
Today, minimum wage is $15/hr. Top rate is not $60.

UPS raises rates every year to keep up with operating expenses, because they, once again like everything, raise every year. By keeping raises under inflation they are creating more profit while paying you less. Think about it.

Non liberal

I’m confused, you can still organize. Railroad employees still get paid well And I guess they can’t strike right?

Johney

You were close and that’s pretty good description but actually the biggest thing was
Teamsters because the railway act requires unions to organize at a national, rather than local, level.
Ok makes sense. I just remember hearing a lot about the Railway act during the 97 strike.