The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Non liberal

Maybe this will make it sink in a little better...

Remember when liberals wanted to raise the minimum wage to $15/hr and conservatives complained it will just raise the price of everything? Well....They did, and it did. Simply putting it. Look around you, the cost of everything rises, and continues to do so. Why are you so against your pay keeping up?

Where I am, minimum wage was $7/hr in 2008. Top rate was $28/hr.
Today, minimum wage is $15/hr. Top rate is not $60.

UPS raises rates every year to keep up with operating expenses, because they, once again like everything, raise every year. By keeping raises under inflation they are creating more profit while paying you less. Think about it.
I’ve said repeatedly, the only reason I said something is because someone said about how the benchmark should be $50 an hr. I said that was too much. More then open to cola raises. These guys just get too excited and want to get rich quick, when if they just relaxed and stayed reasonable, they will retire millionaires with this company.

I’ve said repeatedly, the only reason I said something is because someone said about how the benchmark should be $50 an hr. I said that was too much. More then open to cola raises. These guys just get too excited and want to get rich quick, when if they just relaxed and stayed reasonable, they will retire millionaires with this company.
56EAC708-FC0B-4E36-B5EE-81F199C52786.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

We are not Management..most of us will not retire (millionaires)...most of us will be happy to retire without a major disability...🦼

Non liberal

I give up.
Ok, so what your saying is our competition will probably always have a cheaper operating expense, but we’re just going to get as much as we can out of ups, even though we already make $10 an hr more then they do. And on top of it we’re not going to concede anything that we already currently have. That is not a long lasting formula, I don’t care what you say. Whether it’s fair or not with inflation and profit doesn’t matter.

MostHelpNeeded

$50/hr is more than reasonable. No one is getting rich on $50/hr in todays world, but there in lies your disconnect.

MostHelpNeeded

Ok, so what your saying is our competition will probably always have a cheaper operating expense, but we’re just going to get as much as we can out of ups, even though we already make $10 an hr more then they do. And on top of it we’re not going to concede anything that we already currently have. That is not a long lasting formula, I don’t care what you say. Whether it’s fair or not with inflation and profit doesn’t matter.

I've been hearing the same thing my whole time here. "a $25/hr delivery driver?!?" $30 is waayyy to much UPS will go under!!!"

It's simple, if you don't understand, you don't understand but stop trying to argue a point and open your eyes. Imagine if those came before you went through life like you. If we would have just stopped years and agreed $25/hr was good pay for labor, we'd still be stuck there now.

You say we're trying to price ourselves out of a job. I say you're trying to price us out of a life.

Non liberal

I've been hearing the same thing my whole time here. "a $25/hr delivery driver?!?" $30 is waayyy to much UPS will go under!!!"

It's simple, if you don't understand, you don't understand but stop trying to argue a point and open your eyes. Imagine if those came before you went through life like you. If we would have just stopped years and agreed $25/hr was good pay for labor, we'd still be stuck there now.

You say we're trying to price ourselves out of a job. I say you're trying to price us out of a life.
Lol, people like you need to actually experience hard times if u think u got it bad here. Nuts!

MostHelpNeeded

Lol, people like you need to actually experience hard times if u think u got it bad here. Nuts!
No one said anything about hard times, but kind of a silly thing to say coming from someone who thinks he makes too much money lol.

It's not that I think we have it bad. It's that I know if we don't keep up with this world, 10 years from now we will indeed have it bad. I would like to keep this the well paying 'career' it is now.

Non liberal

No one said anything about hard times, but kind of a silly thing to say coming from someone who thinks he makes too much money lol.

It's not that I think we have it bad. It's that I know if we don't keep up with this world, 10 years from now we will indeed have it bad. I would like to keep this the well paying 'career' it is now.
You don’t get it. 10 an hr bump is not keeping up with this world. Whatever I don’t give a :censored2:, im done arguing with bullheads. Go get your money, soak em for everything you can. Don’t start whining when you start losing :censored2:

Non liberal

Btw, I never said I think i make too much money. I said I am thankful for what I do make

MostHelpNeeded

You don’t get it. 10 an hr bump is not keeping up with this world. Whatever I don’t give a :censored2:, im done arguing with bullheads. Go get your money, soak em for everything you can. Don’t start whining when you start losing :censored2:
No, you don't get it. All you see is one number, $10. It's a $10 difference because of 3 sub par contracts in a row. We're behind right now. Top rate should be closer to $45 today. A good contract, which is what I would like to see, is a baseline 3% raise per year, that matches inflation if it goes over 3%. With this years crazy inflation, at contract time that would bring that $45 we should be at, to $50.

But wow man, no one's losing anything or soaking anyone. Why is it so easy to say that companies will just raise prices if we raise the minimum wage, but can't use that same logic here?

Non liberal

No, you don't get it. All you see is one number, $10. It's a $10 difference because of 3 sub par contracts in a row. We're behind right now. Top rate should be closer to $45 today. A good contract, which is what I would like to see, is a baseline 3% raise per year, that matches inflation if it goes over 3%. With this years crazy inflation, at contract time that would bring that $45 we should be at, to $50.

But wow man, no one's losing anything or soaking anyone. Why is it so easy to say that companies will just raise prices if we raise the minimum wage, but can't use that same logic here?
And do u honestly think we would get that big of a raise?

MostHelpNeeded

And do u honestly think we would get that big of a raise?
Nope, and that's the danger of inflation. If you let it get ahead of you like we have a little at a time, by the time you realize it, it'll be too much to fix. We've been slowly losing out to inflation. Right now, a $10 difference sounds like a lot. If we keep the status quo and don't fix it now, in time, it'll be a $20 difference.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Here is a question for you: Do you believe that the partners on the executive board are also overpaid?

Study their qualifications and backgrounds should they be collecting on average 10 million a year. We had package car drivers that had master’s degree over the years in far tougher majors. Do you remember the term (Industrial Athlete) ... that was what we were called several years ago... Do you have a problem when a star pro athlete gets a 150 million dollar contract...?

One of the reasons that the Athlete gets that reimbursement for their services is that they have such a short time physically to perform at that demanded position ...most of us hourlies will leave our employment with some form of permanent disability due to the demands of our physical labor over 30 some years. The attrition rate of the hourly workforce is real, this has been planned from the day we hire in...a real money savings if they can bust you up before you are eligible for a pension, than they will pay you peanuts for your service and have Medicare pay for your injuries.

Our raises have been subpar for such a long time
that even our negotiating committees mimic the Company’s stance that we are overpaid cry babies and we should be thankful for the job, so take it or leave it.

Non liberal

Here is a question for you: Do you believe that the partners on the executive board are also overpaid?

Study their qualifications and backgrounds should they be collecting on average 10 million a year. We had package car drivers that had master’s degree over the years in far tougher majors. Do you remember the term (Industrial Athlete) ... that was what we were called several years ago... Do you have a problem when a star pro athlete gets a 150 million dollar contract...?

One of the reasons that the Athlete gets that reimbursement for their services is that they have such a short time physically to perform at that demanded position ...most of us hourlies will leave our employment with some form of permanent disability due to the demands of our physical labor over 30 some years. The attrition rate of the hourly workforce is real, this has been planned from the day we hire in...a real money savings if they can bust you up before you are eligible for a pension, than they will pay you peanuts for your service and have Medicare pay for your injuries.

Our raises have been subpar for such a long time
that even our negotiating committees mimic the Company’s stance that we are overpaid cry babies and we should be thankful for the job, so take it or leave it.
Yes, they are extremely overpaid but that is irrelevant. It’s the companies choice as to who gets paid what. If your job is beating u up then do something else. Feeders doesn’t bust u up. Athletes are overpaid crybabies, yes. However They get paid what they do because they can do something that others can’t.

542thruNthru

Yes, they are extremely overpaid but that is irrelevant. It’s the companies choice as to who gets paid what. If your job is beating u up then do something else. Feeders doesn’t bust u up. Athletes are overpaid crybabies, yes. However They get paid what they do because they can do something that others can’t.
You do know what negotiations means right. It's not like the union walks in and says this is what you'll pay us and the company just agrees.

They show financials and projections.