the Indy contract is now a national

slaveof18wheels

This contract offer would be funny if this wasn't such a serious issue. If this is the best the teamsters can do then we are in serious trouble. This contract is a farce.

N

noone

We are having a meeting tomorrow to discuss the contract. Hopefully we can ratify some of the things in it. We do not have to accept this agreement remember!!!

slaveof18wheels

I am going to the local meeting today as well. I am going to try and get some answers but I am not very optimistic. Our Vote for this piece of cr*p is supposed to be next week. If I don't get any satisfactory answers today (since the local still hasn't returned my call or e-mails) I will be trying to convince all potential voters what a horrible deal this is. I just have to wonder when the rank and file will actually get to see the contract or will this be another "Indy" deal. You know, here's the highlights now vote yes for this cause we don't want to try harder and be a good little conformist and go away. We will try to make it all better with the next one.

jOHN IN JERSEY

If this contract is the best hoffa can do he needs to hang it up.He sold us out.He under handely went behind our backs and negotiated this contract.A vote no will tell him we arent going to play this way.Send him back to them for a better one, more sick days and more money.They can afford it,

slaveof18wheels

Then maybe we should strike. If we can't stand up to Brown like men now we won't get the chance to later. We will end up with the heavy boot of brown in our ass and the slick black loafer of the teamsters on the back of our neck. If we accept this crap now we will show that aren't willing to play rough when nescessary. We will never get a better deal. The only thing that will happen is more and more will be taken over time.

there is no renogiatiating, the union hall told us UPS has said this is there final offer.

take it or strike. There are so many holes in this contract.

This is the FACTS, but remember this was told to everyone before the Big card signing push to go union, It was said ( Indy is the Template for all Contracts for UPS Freight) , now I mean no disrespect to anyone, But did you really think think the Teamsters had changed any since before,Please, everything they print starts out How They Won at , OVERNITE , there Focus is all in the Past, They need to move on to ,What the NEEDS of UPS FREIGHT employees need for the next 5yrs, not what they can do to keep UPS in there pockets ,come on now don't you think we have been SOLD OUT, just food for thought not trying to upset anyone just trying to read THE FINE PRINT ,if you know what I mean. Will a NO vote leave us out,with out a contract??????

slaveof18wheels

A "NO" vote would just meam that you continue working without a contract, and all employees are entitled to vote even if they did not sign cards. Once teamsters were recognized by the NLRB they were recognized for ALL affected employess, not just the card signers, so every one has the right to vote. But I would recommend that everyone affected take the time to read the posting that is up at every terminal from the NLRB. This is in regards to the 45 day cooling off period. That 45 days is NOT between teamsters and UPS but between the teamsters and the RANK AND FILE. In other words, US. If we the employees are having second thoughts within the 45 days of the posting (ours went up 3-28) we can:
1. Decertify Teamsters.
2. Request different representation from another union.
3. Decide we don't want representation at all.
All that is required is a petition that is properly formatted declaring the employees intentions. (Here's the best part) It only requires 30% of ALL
bargaining agents represented by the union even if they did NOT sign cards. But if you have any questions by all means possible call the toll free number on the poster. I found the information officer from our district to be not only quite efficient but extremely helpful in explaining what our options are under the law.

overupsfreight

UPS SLAVE
this contract is bullsh1t i am so fing fed up with ups and the teamsters i hope we do strike to show these 2 :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s we are not going to take this bullsh1t these jackasses are screwing with peoples lives retirement benefits if this is what ups and the teamsters is about i dont want to associated with either one and they can take their dues and shove it up their ass i vote no on ups and the teamsters. so much bs these guys are good salesmens :angry: please bring overnite back at least they had balls and offered us better sh1t then big brown turd............friend ups and friend teamsters............

BigEmpty53

UPS Freight
If Overnite was such a garbage, why did UPS buy it ?
UPS got money, they can do better on the contract then this.

VOTE NO for this crap, half ass contract!!!!!

Buckethead

If Overnite was such a garbage, why did UPS buy it ?
UPS got money, they can do better on the contract then this.

VOTE NO for this crap, half ass contract!!!!!

They bought them because they were so good at kicking the employees arse. Quit being greedy, you don't deserve any better. Try earning a better contract like the rest of the Unionized employees of other union shops. Do you think It was an easy road for them? You want to bypass all the hard work and go straight to the top. And why? Just because UPS owns us, that's why. It's totally ridiculous.

I'm flying with turkeys here.